Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

key reprogramme Avensis 2005

toyotanovice

Does anyone know how to reprogramme a remote key for an Avensis 2005, please?  The unlock function on one of our remote keys no longer opens the car doors.   The little red light on the key fob flashes when the unlock button is pressed, but it doesn't unlock the car doors. (The lock button works perfectly).   I replaced the Battery a couple of weeks ago which briefly sorted the problem, but this week the unlock stopped working again.   Our car manual gives info on how to change the key fob Battery but nothing else.  People online have outlined procedures for re-programming, which are quite complicated, but am willing to give a go, but I don't know the correct one for our year of car, 2005.  Could anyone help?  Thank you.

If I were you, I'd try another known to be good Battery before I do anything else.  Just because the red light comes on doesn't mean that it has enough power to send the signal to the car.

Check the Battery with a voltmeter. Sometimes they have been on the shelf a long time before you purchase.

6 hours ago, Stivino said:

If I were you, I'd try another known to be good battery before I do anything else.  Just because the red light comes on doesn't mean that it has enough power to send the signal to the car.

Thank you, Stivino.  Went out & bought a good duracell Battery, fitted & all working again.   The first replacement Battery was a Chinese one off eBay, which worked for two weeks.  Hopefully this will last longer.   Sounds like ighaig has the same idea as well re the Battery.  Very glad I came on here!   Thanks to both.

A new Duracell should last for years.

I've tried the cheapos too and I've found the old maxim "buy cheap, pay dear" to be very apt in this case.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links