Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Who's at the door

Cbatoday

Got a google nest hello from Shell energy. Allows you to see who's at your door and chat to them

Wonder when we get android auto  and Apple play it will be able to connect via the screen on the car (when stationary of course)

• Like 1

We bought a couple of Google Home Mini units, plus a decent speaker with Google Assist built in.   We have had some good laughs at answers we get.  I ask asked”hey google, how do I get the wife make me a cup of tea with a piece of cake”.  The reply came back “Sorry, I cannot help you with that”.  I thought this is a bit useless.   There is a current advert on TV for the new Nissan Juke, there is a point where the commentary says “hey google” followed by some words, and my unit answers “I don’t understand what you want”.    And we also ask it to tell a joke...... very corny jokes, but funny.  Ask it to something complicated like calculate a sum which has not just add, multiply etc but cube and square roots, and the answer comes back amazingly fast.   The music it plays through these £30 Home Mini units is pretty good, good enough for a bedroom, but we bought the quality speaker for the lounge.

• Like 1