Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How do I adjust....

Catlover

How do I adjust the clock in a Gen 4 2016 Prius?

I must have done it 12 months ago, and even 6 months ago, but can’t figure it out this time. Nothing in the handbook. Just done the wife’s Auris hybrid in about 10 seconds to, so this is frustrating.

Toggle through the setup, customisation, using the steering wheel right button; that's how it's done in the 2018 phv.

Go along to settings in the MFD and choose clock, you can then adjust the time.

It seems madness that it doesn't set itself from the GPS data.

You're probably looking at the menus as I do sometimes Joe, I forget you can scroll them down/up.

4 hours ago, Harters said:

...It seems madness that it doesn't set itself from the GPS data.

Absolutely.  I've though that for a very long time, as other manufactures have been doing.

Happily (for me), the latest RAV4 does this, plus a couple of other long overdue features such as doors that lock as you start driving and a rear wiper that gives a single sweep if you select reverse while the front wipers are on.

Oddly though, despite the modern automatic, electronic parking brake with hold feature, if you manually apply the parking brake whilst in drive, it doesn't cut the electric creep power to the wheels!  [although when brake hold-operated or (like previous Hybrids) holding the service brake pedal on does kill the power.  This is odd, since cheaper cars with Multi-Mode Transmission (like the Aygo) do kill power to the driven wheels (in this case by keeping the clutch disengaged) when the handbrake is on.  Weird!.]

• Like 2

Saturday, when I asked the question, I was in the middle of “man flu”, I sure you guys understand what I mean cos the wife sure doesn’t 😎. Couldn’t figure it out then but sorted it out yesterday, but sure is a faff for such a simple job.

Brake light bulb was dead in the wife’s Auris, noticed that on Saturday, but couldn’t get my head round that either. I HAD to do that on Monday too. Wife said she was going out shopping in Mon afternoon, and if the brake lights were not working in her car she was going to use my Prius.  What a remarkable recovery I made 😄, just long enough to put 2 new bulbs in the Auris......then I had a relapse.

• Like 1