Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Interior light, clock and radio not working '04 Yaris

LondonVictoria

Hello!

The interior light stopped working about 3 weeks ago. I assumed it was the bulb. Clock and radio were fine. 

Yesterday I went to take the bulb out to match it up in the shop. When I touched the bulb, it flashed on briefly then went out again. At this point the clock and radio also stopped working. I assumed it had blown a fuse, so did a little googling and found something that suggested it would be the AC or ACC fuse. I couldn't get the fuse out, so went to Halfords. The man there tested all the fuses on the board under the steering wheel (including AC and ACC) and said they were all working so no point in replacing anything. He suggested it must be something more complicated in the electrics (relay?) and I ought to take the car to the garage.

I thought it might save me a little to see if anyone had an opinion on what it might be, as my dad's good with cars so if I know what it is that's happened I might be able to get him to help me out.

Does anyone have any suggestions?!

Thank you!

Victoria

Sounds like a bad earth somewhere. Hopefully someone else here knows a bit more!

There are two fuseboxes: one under the steering wheel and one under the bonnet..And about 10 earthing points..So IF (and it's questionable) it's not a fuse, finding the problem requires more skills than Halfords have..

But I suggest it sounds like a fuse gone.. Or two..

The radio is fused through a a 15A fuse DOME.  Unfortunately I am trying to raed with an old set of spectacles having just broken my latest ones and the Haynes wiring diagrams are small... so it's difficult to read..

Sorry.

Hi

Had a faulty interior light(lamp shorting) on my 04, changed lamp, replaced blown fuse which also knocked out radio and clock, fuse is definitely in fuse board under bonnet, sorry can’t remember fuse location/number

2 very probable solutions in a row! Now we just wait and see if the OP comes back to the forum, or is it another one of those, ask question, newer come back again topics.

16 hours ago, BigBudda said:

Hi

Had a faulty interior light(lamp shorting) on my 04, changed lamp, replaced blown fuse which also knocked out radio and clock, fuse is definitely in fuse board under bonnet, sorry can’t remember fuse location/number

Thanks! I hadn't realised there was another fuse board in the bonnet. 

14 hours ago, flash22 said:

Its sounds that you have blown the Dome fuse under the bonnet or the acc (inside fuse box) that lives behind the glove box iirc

http://knigaproavto.ru/shemy/en/toyota/echo/503-1999-2005-toyota-yaris-echo-fuse-box-diagram.html

Thanks, that's really helpful. The man at Halfords tested the ones under the steering column, but didn't mention (or test) any in the bonnet!

Will check here when back at home.

V

Hi, yes blue fuse (15amp) in fuse box(under black cover) under bonnet on right hand side as you look at it, near wing.

602F3A89-BEFA-4EBA-A33B-F9F586925ACF.jpeg

Excellent! Thanks all. Fuse replaced and all working. And now I know there are more fuses under the bonnet 🙂

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

😁Awesome, have the same problem, thanks all !

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links