Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New owner with ticking sound.

Austoyota

Hello. We just bought our Estima on Friday. I love it. Only it has this strange tick/rattle under the dash.  We were able to track down the source of the sound, only we have no idea what it is. We're not mechanically minded at all. We have unplugged this and the sound stopped, so we're sure this is the cause. Problem is we have no idea what it connects to.  Everything seems to still be working after the unplug. When it is running it is like a motor of sorts and moves the white part which is causing the noise. Anyone able to point is in the right direction?  It's a long drive back to the dealership, so honestly would rather not go back if not needed. IMG20191124210901.thumb.jpg.535b87450ed207ad20e0f63d7108a620.jpg

IMG_20191124_213908.jpg

It's the heater motor actuator, so you can leave it off, or you can replace it, they are cheap, the first link i got was in uk, for 15 GBP, 2006 model.

Part number, like in picture 063700-8270

Personally, i would just stuck it open (if not already), and leave it like that.

Hope the car serves you well.

Firstly thank you for the reply. Can you please explain to me a little better, if I was to leave it off will the heater continue to work?  Not that I need it right now, but I will come the colder months. 

It's just a flap actuator for the HVAC system, which i guess in your case is probably automatic, it moves the flap to enable/disable flow of air, it just regulates where the heat air goes, but does not impact the function of the actual heating elements.

You can turn the blower on, and move it manually to see (feel)  which flap it actually operates.

As said above, you can get the part cheaply, so replacement is not that problematic.

Thank you very much for your advice it has been most helpful. We will look into it being repaired asap, but it is very good to know that all is safe with it unplugged. 

• 2 years later...
  • 9 months later...

Hi I have a rattle similar to what you described but? did yours rattle with only the ignition on, not started, the heater/ blower or a/c 

Would be great to hear your comments, 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links