Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hello from Cumbria

KEVCO60

Had my new Rav4 hybrid for nearly a week now and loving it. I am gradually sussing out how everything works by reading a little of the manual every day but have questions for you in the know.

The sat nav always seems to revert back to 2d north when i switch the engine off  is there any way to keep the change i have made .

Hello Kevin - welcome to Toyota Owners Club.

Moved to the Rav4 club re question.

25 minutes ago, KEVCO60 said:

...The sat nav always seems to revert back to 2d north when i switch the engine off  is there any way to keep the change i have made .

It's a problem Toyota are aware of, and according to one or two posts there is now updated software that fixes it, but from what the few people who've had the fix have said it's not clear (to me, at least) whether the update had to be done by the dealer.  Strangely, it doesn't happen every time, but about 4 out of 5 times the car is switched off.

I just wished there was an option to have the satnav not showing when the car is first started, just a distraction for me.

The first thing I do after starting the car is switch to 'radio stations view'

1 hour ago, Scottydog007 said:

I just wished there was an option to have the satnav not showing when the car is first started, just a distraction for me.

The first thing I do after starting the car is switch to 'radio stations view'

You could do that on older models. My wife doesn't use satnav much so she has switched it off,