Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sensor Issues

Toyotalm

I am having HUGE issues with the sensors in my 2017 CHR and wondered if anyone elsE is experiencing similar issues?

It started with the the media centre turning itself off whilst i was driving, then the LDR sensor would randomly turn itself on continuously throughout journeys, then the scariest issue was the brakes slamming on whilst driving. it went back to the dealer and I was told the car is fine and they have no idea why it had been brought in.

since I have had it back, passenger seatbelt sensor (which is LOUD) going mad whilst driving there was no one in the seat and the door hadn’t been opened. Random sensors keep turning on and the media centre keeps turning itself off. It’s going back to the dealer and is still under warranty have a feeling it’s just going to come back again.

is anyone else having similar issues? 

• 2 months later...

Sounds like a loose earth to me.

electrical gremlins, with the recent weather i would check for water ingress behind the glove box area, also check the cabin filter for signs of water (it may need changing)

• 1 year later...