Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Low beams indicator does not work on dashboard - Auris 2013

mork4

Hello, I'm new owner of Toyota Auris 2013. I'd like to ask:

Is it normal that low beams indicator just dost not lit up when low beams are manually turned on ? It also does not lit up when beams are on - auto mode and outside is dark. Second thing, also the dashboard backlight is does lit up. It only lit up when the beams are on auto mode and outside is already dark, or when i manually turn beam lights on.

I've tried same scenario on another Auris 2013 Touring Sports - and everything work normally - green low beams indicator is there and also dashboard backlight works even when it's still daylight. 

Do you have idea where might be a problem ? Thanks 

Sounds like a faulty led on the dashboard.  

There are more similar topics, but most often it's the left, or right indicator light led that stops working.

Either way to inspect, or fix, the dashboard has to come out, luckily it's easy to take it out, you pop the bewell plastic around it, and there is one screw at the bottom, take it out, and there is only one connector to unplug.

The repair can be done by more or less any electrician that has a reflow station (hot air heater used for unsoldering smd components).

You just need a led with similar color, which i guess they probably have in stock.

The repair should not be costly.

As for the dashboard illumination, that sounds like normal behavior to me. I  might be wrong, so i checked some ads, found 2 2013 Auris for sale with dashboard not illuminated during daylight, and both cases cars were turned on. Maybe check if it's disabled in settings, or maybe the one you saw has it enabled manually from the dealer.

Thank you for answer. I've checked a dashboard one more time again, and actually there is no low beams icon or indicator. I can't understand how is it possible, because on the same car, just touring sports the low beams icon is there.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links