Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1CD-FTV swap to 2AD-FHV

Jaymee98

So I've been thinking about this for a while now, I love the looks of my corolla SR D4D, but it lacks the engine performance that the auris sr180 has. With it having 177bhp as standard, but im not so keen of the way it looks, in particular the raer end (looks like a fat bum) 

So does anyone have a tips and pointers on whether it would be worth swapping the corolla engine for the auris one and if so is it even possible?!? 

Ive scanned the Internet in every corner I can look and doesn't look like its been done before, probably because its out of proportion. Thanks for any advice! 

One thing you have to be wary of with the AD series engine is that some engnes did suffer from oil consumption and head gasket issues issues. 

Do you really think it's worth it, I mean the money and effort? The 2AD-FHV is a great engine but very complex (and big) engine. I doubt that it fits the Corolla engine bay. The exhaust line is fairly large also, with lots of components. The variable geometry turbo is big. I had the 2AD-FTV for 11 years and, although I hadn't any oil consumption problems, it's not a frugal engine. 2AD-FTV consumption is even higher. The response is great, this engines look like they will keep pushing to the end of times, but that comes at the expense of a higher than average consumption.

And you have to compensate the heavier engine with adjustments on suspension, braking system (you're increasing power by a factor of 1.53)... Change the fuel line also...

For the value of the car plus an engine (that might be a money pit if you aren't lucky) you might hunt for a 2.0 Hybrid Corolla HB, that will give you the looks and the engine power you wish on a very easier and cheaper way.