Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Remote locking verso problems

Littlegill1

Ok. 03 plate Corolla verso 1.8 car will unlock with the key fob and can manually lock all doors except boot when car running no problem except drivers door panic lock switch won't work. Get out of the car push key fob lock button nothing happens lock the drivers door with a key and it only locks the drivers door no other locks operate. 

checked and and changed the fuse number 33 10amp red under the glove box cover no joy we do have water collecting in the glovebox and passenger footwell when it rains cannot trace the leak or simulate it with a hoes pipe. Husband is tearing his hair out as I have OCD and I'm paranoid about not having a lockable car panic mode switches in when anything happens to my Tank 

Physically locking the car with the key should engage all the locks in the car, so there is an electrical fault there.

Water in footwell could be clogged A/C drain.

I suggest you rephrase your question as i read it 3x and can't really understand it.

It was ok if you read it slowly 🙂

Seems like a a major central locking failure to me. A proper code scan is in order I think.

Hi,

Not familiar with the Verso, but expect its quiet similar to the standard Corolla in many ways.

The door locking is quiet a complex system and controled by the Integration relay , so it could be faulty causing all your problems or it could be several problems with the indiviual door mechanisms.

Though the term Integration Relay make it seem a simple, its not a little relay you can replace just like that for a pound or two.

If the drivers door , when operated by the key does not work it could be its switch, wiring or the relay.

If the internal Door Lock (panic) switch does not work, then again it could be its switch, wiring  or relay.

Do you have a similar panic switch on the passengers door ? does it work ok ?

Assume your rear hatch should also lock with all the other doors, so again that could be a totally separate fault.

Think all that really suggests you need the help of someone with the righ experience like an Auto Electrician or a Toyota garage.

With it being 16  years old wiring problems can be common, partic where the wires go between the moving door and the car body.

It also sounds as if the water could also be causing a problem as the Intergation unit and main electrics are behind the glove box ( well on the standard Corolla) so would suggest that a problem that should be sorted urgently.

If the water is filling the glove box !  have you tried removing it and  take a passenger with you to keep an eye on it with a torch and some paper towells to try and see where and when its coming in,