Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2015 Aygo service parts

Black9

Hello everyone. 

My wife has a Gen 2 Aygo - 1 litre petrol. Due to Toyotas extreme service price I’ve decided to do the next service myself - 25k miles / 5 years. 

I need the following,

Oil filter - Bosch

Engine oil - Castrol 5w30? 

Spark plugs - can only find Toyota ones which I assume are Bosch

Brake fluid - Pagid 4 or 5.1?

Antifreeze - genuine Toyota or any red antifreeze? 

I’d like to stick with genuine or branded parts where possible, located in the UK. Thanks 

Coolant - pink Toyota Super Long Life or equivalent, not red Toyota Long Life. Coolant not due to be replaced til 10 years/100,000 miles, whichever occurs first.

Engine oil should be 0W-20 to  API Sl, SM or SN standard.

Any of the new car warranty remaining? If so, DIY servicing doesn't satisfy the new car warranty. Has to be a Toyota dealer or VAT registered garage.

1 hour ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

Coolant - pink Toyota Super Long Life or equivalent, not red Toyota Long Life. Coolant not due to be replaced til 10 years/100,000 miles, whichever occurs first.

Engine Oil should be 0W-20 to  API Sl, SM or SN standard.

Any of the new car warranty remaining? If so, DIY servicing doesn't satisfy the new car warranty. Has to be a Toyota dealer or VAT registered garage.

Is Toyota the only place to get the oil and anti freeze? Yes around 1 year warranty remaining but i thought as long as genuine or equivalent parts are used then the warranty is still valid..

You can buy your oil, anti-freeze, filters etc anywhere you want.

Is your anti-freeze not long life?

Toyota would be the last place to go.

As long as your parts meet OEM spec, and most reputable suppliers parts do, then you will be ok.

Go to  Castrol  other suppliers are available or look in your handbook to find the right oil for your car.

As regards servicing within the new car warranty, it has to be serviced at a VAT- registered garage (Toyota dealer or independent) in order to keep the warranty valid.

DIY servicing doesn't meet the warranty requirements - same with other manufacturers. 

Oil doesn't need to be Toyota - any oil meeting the grade (0W-20 preferably) and specs stated. Have a look at Amazon as well - eg they currently have Petronas 7000 0W-20 5 litres for £25.50.

^^ appreciated. Toyota want £295 for an oil / filter and brake fluid change. Seems expensive to be fair.. 

Your car must be past or nearing the end of its 5 year mechanical warranty?

The OP said they have one year of the new car warranty left - 2015 car, four years old.

4 minutes ago, Stivino said:

Your car must be past or nearing the end of its 5 year mechanical warranty?

Around jun 2020 as far as I know. 

1 minute ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

The OP said they have one year of the new car warranty left - 2015 car, four years old.

I must learn to read properly 😀

9 minutes ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

As regards servicing within the new car warranty, it has to be serviced at a VAT- registered garage (Toyota dealer or independent) in order to keep the warranty valid.

DIY servicing doesn't meet the warranty requirements - same with other manufacturers. 

Oil doesn't need to be Toyota - any oil meeting the grade (0W-20 preferably) and specs stated. Have a look at Amazon as well - eg they currently have Petronas 7000 0W-20 5 litres for £25.50.

Thanks for the info, just purchased the Petronas 7000 and will be getting the filter from euro - a Bosch one and get the anti freeze ( for a top up ) from Toyota. Is there any recommendations for brake fluid or just go with Toyota supplies?  

Brake fluid DOT 4 or 5.1 (not DOT 5!) - any make.

As you are in Midlothian, there are a couple of good motor factors in Dalkeith, Eskside motor factors and, Brakeways.  If you are at the other side there is also BNC in Penicuik.

I would keep away from Halfrauds at Straiton, they are always the dearest.

Re your spark plugs, almost all Japanese cars were fitted with Denso spark plugs, I think Toyota still have a stake in Denso.

As your car isn't a true Japanese car (what is nowadays?) it will probably have a european plug like Bosch or Beru.

There’s a garage not far from where I live, good reviews and fairly quick I’ve heard. I’ll give them a try. 

Do I know them?

Bear in mind that they probably won't want to fit parts that you have supplied. 

Nothing wrong with Petronas oil, they a big supplier. On eBay you can get Toyota 0w-20 oil for £38 inc delivery 5 litres.

Keep your receipts and get an invoice form the VAT registered Independent garage you use.

2 hours ago, Black9 said:

East Claremont motors. 

That's Edinburgh, here was me thinking you were in Midlothian. 

I think maybe my profile says Midlothian but should be Edinburgh. 

1 hour ago, Catlover said:

Nothing wrong with Petronas oil, they a big supplier. On EBay you can get Toyota 0w-20 oil for £38 inc delivery 5 litres.

Keep your receipts and get an invoice form the VAT registered Independent garage you use.

That’s the plan. 

Can anyone confirm if warranty covers suspension parts such as drop links etc? There’s a knocking noise coming from the front of the car and I suspect it’s a drop link or similar, cars only done 23k miles - seems premature really.