Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

REALLY require some assistance please guys..my Aygo is cutting out on me!

SAM LOVERS HER TOYOTAS

Ok guys...

I am in a panic to say the least as I use my Aygo for several daily commutes with the kids and work etc.

We did a 300 mile trip on Saturday on a full tank...all drove perfectly fine...always fill up at 1 station being an Esso..currently have 2 bars of fuel left.

This morning with no warning stuck in very slow moving traffic...the car cut out on me 3 times consecutively with the EML coming on each time but the car would restart and the EML goes out! I've never experienced this before. Yes I've always had poor mpg from the beginning but she's always driven normal and I enjoy driving her. Always serviced on time with toyota dealer parts...next ones due March 2020.

What do you think could have caused this? Partner said poor earth...I said Battery with is a Halfords one with warranty until March 2020...

I'm yet to plug in diagnostics when my son gets in from work tonight.

The car still drives normal as we speak...I.e just did my last pick up.

Feeling stressed tonight!

Anybody???

Admittedly it hasn’t happened again since...so strange, maybe I had a ufo flying above me on that road killing power sources on Battery!!

Diagnostic should tell you more, we're just wasting time guessing here, does not sound like anything that serious, maybe some sensor.

On 11/27/2019 at 9:18 PM, furtula said:

Diagnostic should tell you more, we're just wasting time guessing here, does not sound like anything that serious, maybe some sensor.

Hi guys

Update. Hasnt happened since. And no codes found. All clear. Interesting...in a boring way

Update...my car cut out again this morning...twice...driving along at 30mph...and all of a sudden...boom...no power...no stalling...just cut out...and then starts up again upon switching off and restarting. This could be a safety issue. Zilch showing on the diagnostic again!

Anyway, decided to fit a new set of coil packs after the incident that I purchased a few weeks back but been too lazy to install...car drives a zillion times better...wow...and I had a look at my earth connection to the Battery and gave it a clean...even-though it looked perfectly fine.

Ill see if it cuts out again...concerning indeed for me!

My car drives like on steroids since the new coil packs fitted...wow! I’m smiling

No cut outs as yet...fingers crossed and touching wood!

Hi Sam,

That's very interesting that you've got a noticeable improvement in the way the car's driving, with the new coil packs.  Until now, I'd have thought the packs either work or they don't.  Learn something every day.

Might explain your poor fuel consumption (as long as you don't now drive it as if on steroids all the time 😁)

12 hours ago, Notoyboy said:

Hi Sam,

That's very interesting that you've got a noticeable improvement in the way the car's driving, with the new coil packs.  Until now, I'd have thought the packs either work or they don't.  Learn something every day.

Might explain your poor fuel consumption (as long as you don't now drive it as if on steroids all the time 😁)

I agree mate...I thought the same...either work or dont work...engine sounds smoother too whilst idling...strange these little cars! I'll keep an eye on fuel consumption at the next fill up! Currently getting 215 miles on local run full tank...or 315 motorway...I know!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links