Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2014 Toyota Aygo running rough in the rain

Linus888888888

Wondering if anyone could help - bought an Aygo 2 years ago (2014 old shape, 36,500 miles, 1ltr) and have had trouble-free motoring up until 2 months ago. I began doing more miles and higher speeds (motorway - 1 junction) and ever since, the Aygo has been running progressively worse. It feels shaky and misfires like its going to cut out at around 2,000rpm (irrespective of speed/gear). This has got worse, particularly in the rain. It was awful on the drive home yesterday and I thought it would pack up as it was jolty and underpowered, so I drove straight to a garage. So far we have changed the oil, oil filter, air filter, coil packs, spark plugs and today it's been in a local garage who have plugged it into diagnostics and no fault codes have been registered at all. They've checked all the obvious but can't find anything and said it was running perfectly on a 3-4 mile drive the mechanic took it on (but had been inside all night, away from the rain). It didn't start properly yesterday morning - this is the first time it's not started first time. I was hoping someone would be able to help me because I don't want to pick it up tomorrow in case it dies on me on the motorway on Wednesday.

Thanks 

Hi
I am so sorry to hear of your troubles, going through that list of what work has been done so far, I would have thought it would drive as new out the showroom.

Im sure some of the guys will help you out here...best of luck.

Do not throw in the towel as yet matey!

Sammy

If you say rain is causing it, have you checked the fusebox for any condensation, or signs of corossion/water damage?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links