Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rav4 2010 rear clunking noise

Kennyshev

Hi I'm new to this forum, my 2010 d4d rav4 has developed a clunking/ knocking noise coming from the rear. Had it on the ramps twice all bushes, mounts , shockers are all new with no movement at all .it is definitely a metallic clank , it sounds as though something is banging in the boot well although the boot is empty.  Any advice will be greatly appreciated as I'm pulling my hair out 😣 thanks in advance 

It happens at:

-slow speed

-high speed

-turning at low/high speed

-only on bumps/potholes

It comes from which side, when did it started, was it gradually or sudden, etc etc

We're guessing more than you if we got no info.

normal road conditions,  no potholes or bumps , mainly slow speed, started sudden , somedays it's worse than others, 

Where is the car jack in rav4? That could be loose, happened to me once.. 

Moved to the Rav4 club.

I had some clunking once on my 2010 Avensis, when 2 of 3 fitting holes in the rear aluminium heat shield over the muffler were corroded away and the heat shield started to make contact with the muffler on uneven roads. Very difficult to see, because the shield was kept up with its last bolt when the car was not moving.
Could also be the fitting straps of the gas tank running loose.
Or some left behind tool.

Just take everything out of the boot, spare tyre, tools, mats, etc; then sit in the boot, have someone drive the car and listen carefully where the noise comes from.