Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Corolla map update 2019

Can someone explain how to update the map on my Corolla touring sport as I’v tried doing what they say but I can’t find the request code. Any help would be much appreciated.

How far have you got with obtaining the map update from the estore on your MyToyota account?

To get the update you have to go through the map purchase procedure for the car in question (although you are "purchasing" something you don't actually pay anything for a new car). You will be given an activation code during this procedure - copy it down or print it out as you will need this when installing the new map on the car.

If you've already got the map update but missed the code bit then go back to your MyToyota account > eStore and look for the "Purchases" link (towards top left of the page). There you will find a record of your map "purchase" together with the code.

I hope this is the information you were after.

The downloadable instructions are not very helpful as the pictures do not relate to the Corolla system. In the car go to settings and find your way to map upgrade. Take a picture with your phone of both the request code and the line underneath as you will need this to download the upgrade onto your PC. The download (at least 40mins) will come with another code which you enter in the satnav as you load up the files from the USB datastick. It took me 65mins of driving around to load the new map. Still defaults to N up 2D, but I have found the button on the map screen that cycles through the 3 settings so that's not an issue. Happy hunting.

1 hour ago, RabButler said:

The downloadable instructions are not very helpful as the pictures do not relate to the Corolla system. In the car go to settings and find your way to map upgrade. Take a picture with your phone of both the request code and the line underneath as you will need this to download the upgrade onto your PC. The download (at least 40mins) will come with another code which you enter in the satnav as you load up the files from the USB datastick. It took me 65mins of driving around to load the new map. Still defaults to N up 2D, but I have found the button on the map screen that cycles through the 3 settings so that's not an issue. Happy hunting.

The 2D North is fixed by the new firmware update done by your dealership, it also fixes a few other glitches in the system!

It won't let me go to map upgrade as that is not an option The only thing it allows is Software update

which gives me model ID DUC then some numbers and letters  underneath ID MEU then some numbers and letters

I enter these in and it says enter a valid request details I just don't know what to do next

As Velvet Glove says, if you've "purchased" the map update from the eStore (the only way you can get it other than the dealer doing it for you) and downloaded it onto a USB stick directly from the eStore (it won't work if you download to your computer and then copy to a USB). then you can go back to the eStore top get the request code - I did exactly that because I lost the note I took of the code the first time. This is covered at some length in other threads here already as well.

My car is only 8 months old so I should get it for free the problem is when I put it into basket  it asks for request code

but the ones taken from my navigation system don't work

Is your car registered on your online account? If not then this could be the problem and maybe why you are being asked for this information.

Having said that I must admit I'm still puzzled because I would have thought you would have been prompted to add your car to the system before the purchase could proceed. 

If your car is on your online account then it does sound like there is a problem if you can't get the update. You may need to ask your dealer about it.

Yes I'm on the system I just tried putting in my Multi Media ID now it comes up we have a fault try again later.

maybe I'll try in six months as their after sale stuff always takes ages 

Thanks for your input.

Oh, that's a shame. Maybe the system/website is just having a bad hair day today and an attempt another time will be more successful. 

Just so you know - under "My Vehicles" I can see my car details (model, VIN, Reg etc.) next to a picture of the car.
Then below that there is a record of my device: 

ToyotaTouch2Plus17MMToy
followed by the Multimedia device ID of about 18 characters.

So the system knows all about my car, the individual MM system and satnav and presumably all about my 3 yrs free map updates etc.

I've sorted it I didn't realise I needed to connect my phone to Nav system by internet to get code as soon as I did it everything went ok 

Thanks to everybody for all the input.

5 hours ago, rafletcher said:

As Velvet Glove says, if you've "purchased" the map update from the eStore (the only way you can get it other than the dealer doing it for you) and downloaded it onto a USB stick directly from the eStore (it won't work if you download to your computer and then copy to a USB). then you can go back to the eStore top get the request code - I did exactly that because I lost the note I took of the code the first time. This is covered at some length in other threads here already as well.

If I may correct you there. You can download the zip file to your PC and the unzip the files directly to a formatted usb stick. That's what I did.

12 hours ago, RabButler said:

If I may correct you there. You can download the zip file to your PC and the unzip the files directly to a formatted usb stick. That's what I did.

Ah yes, it's the unzipping that has to be done to the USB, as you say. 👍

Hi Gang still in trouble down loaded to USB stick but when I connect to car it says checking USB and that's it the section on screen that says update software is still greyed out 

I have checked the USB on my computer and it doesn't appear to be Zipped any ideas what I'm doing wrong 

I made the mistake of unzipping the file and just copying the four .iso files I found inside to the USB stick; that didn't work. Perhaps you have done this too.

You need to copy the FMU folder and the four files it contains to the USB stick. It was the presence of that FMU folder that made the difference.

I am sorry but I don't understand I purchased the update from Toyota web site and it told me to download to a USB stick that's what I did I wrote down the activation code 

Toyota didn't ask me to unzip anything and what is the FMU folder and where to find it I've opened the USB stick on my computer and I can't find any FMU file

I find it strange the files on the USB stick are dated 2018 but its supposed to be 2019 update

I can't go back to the Toyota site to re down load as it says I have done it

I think Toyota systems really sucks.

I can only tell you what I did...

I downloaded the update file from MY Toyota to my computer desktop. The file was called 2019v2_MapUpdate.zip

This is a zip file containing one folder called FMU. Inside this folder are four .iso files.

I extracted this folder from the zip file then copied it, with its four files, to the empty USB stick. 

As for your problem, I don't know what you've done. But you CAN try again, I've just done it... don't try to buy it again, go to your account and look for the link to your purchases. There you can find a record of your new map update.

First click on the link called "Download instructions".
This explains what to do: Step 1 Download file to your PC. Step 2 prepare USB and copy files to it etc.

I know the link title is misleading but now click on "Download to USB". This actually initiates a download to your computer. This is the zip file I mentioned above. You may actually have this on your computer already and not realise it. Have a quick search for it in case you have!

So you know what you are looking for the attached pic shows mine in my Download folder and what's inside the zip.

Good luck!

FMU.jpg

1 hour ago, bair1946 said:

I am sorry but I don't understand I purchased the update from Toyota web site and it told me to download to a USB stick that's what I did I wrote down the activation code 

Toyota didn't ask me to unzip anything and what is the FMU folder and where to find it I've opened the USB stick on my computer and I can't find any FMU file

I find it strange the files on the USB stick are dated 2018 but its supposed to be 2019 update

I can't go back to the Toyota site to re down load as it says I have done it

I think Toyota systems really sucks.

The download on your computer will be a ZIP file, you need to extract it first on your computer, the date of the file under Date modified will be the date you downloaded the file.  Mine is called  - 2019v2_MapUpdate.zip.  Assuming you have a Windows PC, locate the file, right click on it and select Extract all and follow the instructions.  The files will be unzipped (usually to a folder with the same name as the original file minus the .zip), locate the new folder, open it and inside should be a folder called FMU, it is this folder you need to copy and paste to your empty USB stick.  Inside the FMU folder are four files with .iso on the end, the will all be copied across to the USB when you copy & paste the FMU folder.  Put the USB stick into the USB socket on your car (on the lower dashboard), start your car and after a short time the update should kick in.  Follow the prompts and when requested enter the verification code and the update will then properly start, it takes about one hour during which time you must keep your car switched on fully not accessory mode, this is most important!  If I remember correctly it loads 21 files but it will tell you as it goes through which file it is on, wait until the system restarts and everything should be back to normal.  Normally during the update the clock on the dash will freeze, once the update is complete it should show the correct time.

• Thanks 1

Hi Sidrat

I went back to Toyota site and downloaded the update again unzipped it and sent FMU file to a USB.

tried it in car but it wouldn't except the activation code so I tried again and it flashed up a slightly different request code.

so I went back to my computer and unzipped the original download and sent that FMU file to another USB stick and I hope that works its dark now so I'll

try in the morning I'll let everyone know how it went thanks for your input.

Rather than copy files from your PC to the stick, it is far easier to unzip it to your stick as the installation instructions say.

Format your stick on your PC to FAT32. Don't use "quick format" do a full format. It takes a bit longer but is less likely to fail.

Then find your downloaded ZIP file on your PC, and use your extraction software to unzip DIRECTLY to your stick. Don't unzip on pc and copy files, it may well fail as it did for me.

THEN try to install following the installation instructions. 

It should work, but if your stick is not formatted properly and you unzip on your PC and copy files, it may have worked for some, but certainly for me, the car won't recognise the update.

I can’t understand how their system can change my request code when it sends me the FMU file which is what it’s done.

That’s why the activation code they sent me doesn’t work.

Its in the hands of Toyota now to sort out

I’ll let everyone know the outcome when they get back to me.

Regards

bair1946

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all

I still can’t update my maps. I contacted Toyota and sent them pictures of request 

codes and they contacted Toyota in Belgium who run the Toyota multimedia system and they say they can’t find my request code in their system 

They suggested I run the request again which I did and still got the same code so I told Toyota I have no faith in them so I’ll have to wait till my 1st service in April and let them do it. I won’t do it at the moment as I don’t won’t to sit in reception for an hour twiddling my thumbs.

If anyone has the same problem don’t bother with their multimedia site get the dealer to do it

regards bair1946

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links