Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Prius + Catloc now available

Devon Aygo

Toyota announced introduction of a Catloc kit now available for Prius + £250 fitted incl Vat at your local Toyota dealer.

You can always try a Catsafe unit - clamps and cables.  Clamps fitted either side of the Cat with special bolts then cables running through the clamps and around the chassis and locked together with a special fitting.  Cheapest about £125 most expensive well over £300. Fit yourself or get you local garage to do so. Don't forget to tell your insurance company who shouldn't charge you extra - anyway you could ask for a reduction as the Cat is less likely to be stolen!

Catsafe.co.uk

Geoff.

• 2 weeks later...

Waste of money. Depends which gen you have"? For gen 2 just change cat from eBay. Gen 3 see a good Wealder or good mechanic who will Weald a sheet of metal over the cat. The cat for gen 2 from eBay will work with original oxygen senor and lambda sensor from Toyota.

Hiw do the crims know you have done this?  They just remove whatever is there. They don't quality inspect it first.

Bought a sheet of steel designed for covering the Cat (Gen 3 car) from E Bay for £42 including delivery. Sheet is designed to fit over the cat area and is bolted to four large bolts holding brackets already under the car and that are fitted very tightly.  Sheet has vent holes and a central drain hole. Galvanised steel with holes already drilled to fit, just make sure it doesn't touch the exhaust at the back - mine did but with a bit of very minor bending after fitting it no longer touches the exhaust.  There is no additional noise.  

Yes I know it will not stop the determined sub-human piece of brain dead s--t from getting at the cat but may make others who are after a quick theft, go and look elsewhere that is easier.

There is a similar sheet of steel on E bay - without the vent slits - for £20 - collect only.  Not sure if that might make to cat overheat as the flow of air is important.  It is of slightly thicker steel.

There is also someone in the outer London area will supply and fit a Catsafe for £170 all in - might be worth looking at.  See E Bay again.

Catsafe.org.uk (yes I got it wrong earlier) sells Catsafe for about £125 upwards - fit it yourself.  Perhaps then spend an additional £42 and fit the above sheet of steel as well.  Double cover!

Sorry all, seems it is now CatClamp and, try as I may, I cannot contact them in this country - USA only is my guess.  Whether they will supply to an individual in the UK I do not know but have E mailed them to see - awaiting a reply!  CatClamp UK web-site comes up but is stated as being insecure and the E mail address is dead as well.

Geoff.

• 1 month later...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links