Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

verify 4x4 system

Xorko

Greetings from Spain, I will use the google translator.

Toyota RAV4 diesel 150cv (2010), after driving for about five minutes in a quiet situation and on a flat road the message appears in the box "verify 4x4 system".

I stop the engine, start again and the message has disappeared until after another five minutes or so, sometimes it is earlier. Any advice that can happen to my car?

Best regards

Is that the only message? I have an earlier car, and it can say “check engine, check 4x4 system, check VSC”; they change every 3-4 seconds. Do you get all or only the 4x4 system?

14 hours ago, Xorko said:

Greetings from Spain, I will use the google translator.

Toyota RAV4 diesel 150cv (2010), after driving for about five minutes in a quiet situation and on a flat road the message appears in the box "verify 4x4 system".

I stop the engine, start again and the message has disappeared until after another five minutes or so, sometimes it is earlier. Any advice that can happen to my car?

Best regards

You need a code reader to see the codes first, could be some easy fix, like a sensor.

45 minutes ago, Dippy said:

Is that the only message? I have an earlier car, and it can say “check engine, check 4x4 system, check VSC”; they change every 3-4 seconds. Do you get all or only the 4x4 system?

Good, that's right, the only message that appears.

43 minutes ago, furtula said:

You need a code reader to see the codes first, could be some easy fix, like a sensor.

Hello, the only thing I have to verify codes is OBDII and by not saving the error code in the ECU I cannot know what it is. The error comes out while driving and does not disappear until the contact is removed and restarted.

So i'm guessing you haven't tried to read the code immediately after it appeared..

You can read the codes with the car started, just drive until error appears, then read it using your scanner.

1 hour ago, furtula said:

So i'm guessing you haven't tried to read the code immediately after it appeared..

You can read the codes with the car started, just drive until error appears, then read it using your scanner.

Yes, I have done it, using the TORQUE and DASHCOMMAND program and nothing, it does not detect it as an error. It's all very strange.

It's not that unusual. I'm guessing you are using some bluetooth code reader with your phone?

They are pretty generic and sometimes it happens that they do not see the codes.

If you know someone who has a better reader, i would suggest borrowing it, or since the error happens all the time, just go to some shop and ask them to read the codes with the car on.

• Like 1

Isn’t it ABS sensors that are used partly to measure the 4x4 system? Comparing wheel rotations? So if one has a problem it thinks the 4x4 system isn’t working properly?

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Dippy said:

Isn’t it ABS sensors that are used partly to measure the 4x4 system? Comparing wheel rotations? So if one has a problem it thinks the 4x4 system isn’t working properly?

Uhhhh ... You left me pensive. A few days before the message appeared, change the front brake discs and pads, taking advantage of passing the wheels of the rear train and putting some new ones behind. To remove the discs I used a rubber hammer and gave them some touches. What is your opinion?
Thank you everyone for the help. Thank you

If a car throws some warning messages a short while after you have changed or altered something, that is frequently the cause. So it could be something to do with your pads or discs or it is quite possible you disturbed the sensors when you were working on the brakes. I would investigate Dippy's idea.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Greetings again. After getting the error code "c1299" it has been very easy to repair, change the rear wheels forward and adjust pressures.
The problem is a consequence of placing new wheels on the rear train and of a different brand. The ABS sensors detect the number of turns of the wheel and if they do not match the 4 because the control unit cancels the traction back because it determines that there is an anomaly.
Thanks everyone for your help.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links