Do Not Sell My Personal Information

VSC TRC light come on whilst driving

Juicy 10

Hi owner of a t25 2005 2.4 petrol auto, 

100,000 miles vsc trc light come on during driving, stop, turn ignition off, start it up again and lights disappear.any ideas thanks.

Get a code reader on it, that would be a good starting point. I am assuming that there are no symptoms or driveability problems to indicate a possible cause.

Hi, thanks for reply,

Code reader comes up as fault in ABS system although VSC and TRC lights are the ones coming on, symptoms since lights appeared are high fuel consumption and occasionally a loss of power, any ideas anyone.

Check your brake fluid level and condition. Check your wheels after a drive to see if any are hot which would indicate brakes sticking on. Be careful as if there are any sticking, the wheels can be very hot and burn you. I would suspect that the ABS code is causing the traction control and vehicle stability control lights to come on, and your power loss and fuel consumption to be a separate issue, not so likely to be sticking brakes, but they are quick and easy checks to rule out possible causes.

• 2 weeks later...

this happened to my parents on motorway at 70mph vsc and trc lights on on dash on my dads 2010 t27 2.0 d4d turned out the rear left caliper was seized and sticking causing the rear left wheel to rotate slower than the ither 3 the abs sensors quickly noticed this and automatically put the car into limpo mode replaced the rear caliper pads and discs deleted the codes car fine now also another possible cause is the airbag wiring harness under drivers seat comes loose triggering the car into thinking theres an ussue w airbag system thus again putting car into limpo mode a friend of ours soldered the connectors together and problem solved problem was caused cuz the c9nnectors under the drivers seat wpuld be shaken come loose etc wgen seat was briskly moved or thugged at