Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Traffic announcements

RabButler

OK another Toyota newby question. Has anyone managed to get traffic announcements to break into the audio function. I have DAB TA switched on and FM TA switched on but have not had a peep. On previous cars the DAB links through to the FM equivalent station to pick up the traffic news, but I can't find a specific instruction on the Corolla to set that. TP shows up on the FM radio screen against the station name, but I don't see TA anywhere. Is there a simple button I have missed?

3 hours ago, RabButler said:

OK another Toyota newby question. Has anyone managed to get traffic announcements to break into the audio function. I have DAB TA switched on and FM TA switched on but have not had a peep. On previous cars the DAB links through to the FM equivalent station to pick up the traffic news, but I can't find a specific instruction on the Corolla to set that. TP shows up on the FM radio screen against the station name, but I don't see TA anywhere. Is there a simple button I have missed?

Reported this in April, the TA does not work on DAB on the Corolla, even after the latest firmware update still not working!  Since I have had my car the TA system has only worked 2 or 3 times in DAB.  The firmware update has fixed the Cancel function for TA when using USB music now but I found on Friday that if you are using the Satnav and a TA cuts in there is no option to cancel it now, the option has been removed.

Sorted! I now have traffic announcements on FM. I haven't had a chance to try DAB. The key is to set up TP stations on FM and then turn the volume up and listen until a traffic announcement occurs. You can then set the volume and the system remembers the setting for later if you have the volume turned down on the radio. Pathetically simple. As delivered the radio was only setup only for DAB and the favourites selected the FM stations by name, but when I looked at the 6 preset station buttons they were all over the place and you have to tune manually to set them. I am not sure if this is a prerequisite for TA selection, but it was all part of my 'see what happens when I do this' session.  Hope this is helpful.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Not quite as sorted as I hoped. Has anyone managed to get the traffic report volume to interrupt at a level higher than 20? I can increase the volume during the broadcast but the system doesn't remember it. Is this a fault or a default. (By the way I have not found a way of getting the traffic reports while listening to DAB.)

On 12/7/2019 at 4:20 PM, bruce e said:

• 1 year later...
On 12/17/2019 at 7:20 PM, RabButler said:

Not quite as sorted as I hoped. Has anyone managed to get the traffic report volume to interrupt at a level higher than 20? I can increase the volume during the broadcast but the system doesn't remember it. Is this a fault or a default. (By the way I have not found a way of getting the traffic reports while listening to DAB.)

I would like to know the same please.

It's the default and really annoying!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links