Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Retro Fit Apple Carplay & Android Auto

Devon Aygo

Hi

Today I had chance to test Android Auto system on new Toyota C-HR. Amazing how easy the phone was connect first time and all works great (maps, Spotify...)

I tested it with Oneplus 7 Pro. I will definitely upgrade my Corolla as soon as it possible. In Finland it will cost 99€.

• Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...

Can anyone confirm if recent deliveries have included Carplay spec? I ordered a Corolla Sport Tourer 2.0 Design in October which should be delivered in the next 10 days and wondering if I'll get Carplay or not?

On 1/18/2020 at 6:58 PM, Bikelife said:

Can anyone confirm if recent deliveries have included Carplay spec? I ordered a Corolla Sport Tourer 2.0 Design in October which should be delivered in the next 10 days and wondering if I'll get Carplay or not?

Yes, got mine in December with new spec

Mine arrived with it on Friday. Anything built since December is more than likely to have it installed. 

On a side note, any one know if the voice command button can be set to Google assistant as a default. At present it comes up with the toyota voice assistant. 

Ok, I’ve figured it out... just need to hold the voice command button to enable google assistant or Siri.

• Like 1

Awesome! Thank you 🙏 

cant wait to get my car and get out of the noisy van I’ve had for four months!

Any idea when this will be available for the Camry in the U.K.? I’m seriously considering one as my next company car but no CarPlay is a bit of dealbreaker for a £30k car in 2020... especially as it’s already available in other markets...

5 minutes ago, M1hack said:

Any idea when this will be available for the Camry in the U.K.? I’m seriously considering one as my next company car but no CarPlay is a bit of dealbreaker for a £30k car in 2020... especially as it’s already available in other markets...

If you read the first post of this topic, it states there is no retro fit solution for the Camry.

As the OP appears to be a Toyota dealer... and as you can buy a Camry in other markets with CarPlay... my question isn’t so much whether a retrofit is possible as I don’t own one... the question is are Toyota going to make it available as standard equipment in the U.K. No technical reason why not as far as I can see. 

As this topic subject is specifically about retro fit, you should raise your question about Carplay becoming standard spec as a new topic in the Camry club - https://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/forum/8-camry-club/ 

• 3 weeks later...

Is this true?

He is basically saying that only cars with additional navigation module will be able to get an update for enabling android auto/apple carplay.

I don`t want to believe this...

aacp.JPG

42 minutes ago, BigPoppaSLO said:

Is this true?

He is basically saying that only cars with additional navigation module will be able to get an update for enabling android auto/apple carplay.

aacp.JPG

Google Translation:

"Corolla Multimedia System 07 02 2020 11 29- 32 minutes ago

I just got the latest information about Android Auto and Apple Car Play Update

Android Auto:

At least Android 5 smartphone

only via USB

Apple Car Play:

At least iPhone 5

only via USB

I0S13

Rav4  from October 2019 all can be updated before, only with Rav4 hardware retrofitting before October 2019 with navigation system is still being checked

Vehicles with radio only need the navigation system to upgrade with Android AutolApple Car Play! 

MM17 display and MM 19 Navi or vice versa are not compatible with each other!"

I don't really know what it means, but is it suggesting the head unit needs changing? 

It seems the new car got old hardware? If so, as long as the price does not go up, I'm comfortable with it, as the problem with modern cars is the same as with any tablet or smart phone you buy. It is out of date before you buy it and runs more slowly in time, as a result. I always thought bits of hardware will need updating... until you can't any more. Modern cars will have a limited life, unless you are happy that some facilities will probably stop working in time.

On 2/7/2020 at 11:20 AM, BigPoppaSLO said:

Is this true?

aacp.JPG

The outcome all depends on what hardware was originally installed, this varies depending on market, in the UK:

Corolla Icon did not have navigation but can be upgraded to have AA/CP all other models had Nav and can also be upgraded in May whereas 

Rav4 Icon did not have Nav and cannot be upgraded all other models did have Nav and can be upgraded in May

• Like 1

I've asked a dealer here in Denmark. They hope the updates will be launced in may or juni. No talking about navi models only. Fingers crossed. 

• 2 months later...
2 hours ago, Rickrsh said:

Some "nor good or bad" news. Just news...😎

IMG_4361.jpg

Can we have a translated summary for our cars please?

6 hours ago, Rickrsh said:

Some "nor good or bad" news. Just news...😎

IMG_4361.jpg

Toyota Owners Club is UK based, and, as such, for the majority of members it isn't helpful to post in languages other than English.

Also please bear in mind that arrangements for updates, recalls, etc may vary from country to country.

8 hours ago, OXYGEN said:

Can we have a translated summary for our cars please?

Green colored bars are cars with Carplay and Android build in from the factory. Blue colored bars are models that can get the retrofit installed at the dealer. 

Red colored bars cannot get the retrofit, that means the Rav4 without factory GPS. The Rav4 with GPS build in can get the update. 

• Thanks 1

I just called my dealer here in Portugal, he said there's going to be a recall to update my Corolla TS for free. The expected recall was going to happen this June, but given the circumstances, there's no longer a specified date.

• Thanks 1

After speaking to the dealer several times and looking at different forum, the conclusion is that if you have MM17 headunit made by Panasonic (with or without JBL), then retrofit will work.
Denso units will not support ACP or AA.

Model ID DCU   17TDT2EU-DA01 – where D identifies Panasonic, C will be Denso. From what I know UK cars with Navigation have Panasonic headunit.
Btw, latest firmware updates for audio and navigation software are 1011 (17TDT2EU-DA01) and 1540 (17TMT2EU-FA00).
According to a guy on another forum, who has access to Toyota Tech site, firmware for ACP/AA retrofit has not beed released yet.

• Like 1

These updates do not say you could do in Turkey. Cars were produced in Turkey, but never share information.
toyota turkey Europe's worst company.

5 minutes ago, marsk35 said:

Cars were produced in Turkey

The Corolla saloon is produced in Turkey. The Corolla hatchback and Touring Sport are produced in the UK.

2 minutes ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

Corolla sedan Türkiye'de üretilmektedir. Corolla hatchback ve Touring Sport İngiltere'de üretiliyor.

my english is a little bad. yes 2019 corolla sedan models were produced in Turkey. toyota turkey, but really bad company. It blocks many users on Twitter. They are not open to criticism at all.

Hi everyone, 

just asked toyota UK about the retrofit of this and it’s been pushed back till the end of the year 

🙁🙁

• Sad 1

15 hours ago, shufman said:

Hi everyone, 

just asked toyota UK about the retrofit of this and it’s been pushed back till the end of the year 

🙁🙁

I got the same answer from Toyota Sweden...gosh, I have been waiting since june 19 for this retrofit 😪