Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Retro Fit Apple Carplay & Android Auto

Devon Aygo

Toyota UK have announced details of the programme to allow the upgrade of existing MM17 Audio units in 2019 Corolla & 2019 Rav4.

A retro fit kit will be available via your local Toyota dealer starting May 2020 and will available to install on all 2019 Corolla Grades and 2019 Rav4 with the exception of the ICON grade, there is no solution available for 2019 Rav4 Icon, 2019 Prius nor 2019 Camry.

Upgrade will cost £120 for Corolla & £150 for Rav4 there will be a reduced cost offer for upgrades completed along with routine servicing price TBC exact details of logistics and technical processes will be given to dealers at the end of Q1 2020.

Toyota have asked dealers to inform owners of both models of the upcoming availability.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

well thats much better than the £500  -  £800  being kicked about on here

• Like 1

This is excellent news. 

I'd be prepared to pay £150, not much different to a TomTom Sat Nav

Hallelujah!! If that's correct, I'm rejoicing already.....yay!

£150 is a realistic price to upgrade the infotainment tho free would of course be better.....

Put me on that upgrade list ASAP... 

My Rav is in for service next week so I'll ask the dealer then.... 

Is it because the Icon is the base model?

42 minutes ago, BigR1ch said:

Any idea why not avialalble on the Icon?

I don't know at all but just guessing for fun ... the Icon does not have "Toyota Touch® 2 with Go navigation" as standard - though it is an option.

The other key difference in that area is that the Icon lacks the "Voice recognition" that is standard on all other grades but not even an option on the Icon.

So, my wild guess is it could be the "Voice recognition" feature that is required for Android Auto / Apple Carplay ... but just a guess ... 😉

Hi Devon Aygo. Please can I ask where you got the info from regarding the May 20 Rav 4 update? I need to speak to my local dealer about this as they are unaware at present. Cheers 

Hi, I spoke to my dealer Thursday and he knew about it. And he tends to know less than I do (due to this forum 👍 ) 

My dealer, Vantage Toyota in York is also aware of the upcoming upgrade and the May 2020 availability

I have got an update from my local branch this morning and they are aware of the upgrade now and confirm the costing on here so top news thankyou.

Spoke to the dealer i bought my corolla from and he said its £50 if you get it done with a service or any other works carried out on the car.

• Like 1

No, the microphone needs to be replaced as I know., Like in Australia.

In Spain, (I'm from that country) its full official but only for Corolla, for Rav4 they say that are working on it.

For Corolla costs 50€ and you can do when you want from June 2020

Hi,

RAV4 owner from Denmark here.

I have not been able to find any offical info on this and my local reseller says that it will not be available.

Is there any public available info in UK regarding this?

12 minutes ago, MIsthar said:

Hi,

RAV4 owner from Denmark here.

I have not been able to find any offical info on this and my local reseller says that it will not be available.

Is there any public available info in UK regarding this?

The information supplied at the start of this topic was from a moderator who works for a Toyota dealer in the UK.

As regards Denmark, if your dealer has no information on the upgrade, your next alternative would be to contact your importer, Toyota Denmark. See https://www.toyota.dk/world-of-toyota/corporate/contact/index.json

I've got an 2wd Icon model coming as a company car via inchcape, due for delivery end of January and I've noticed that on the Specson my order it now states Apple car Play and Android auto as a standard option. Now not sure if that is truth or a lie. Will have to wait and see when it arrives. I'm guessing it is a lie so not getting my hopes up.

29 minutes ago, BigR1ch said:

I've got an 2wd Icon model coming as a company car via inchcape, due for delivery end of January and I've noticed that on the Specson my order it now states Apple car Play and Android auto as a standard option. Now not sure if that is truth or a lie. Will have to wait and see when it arrives. I'm guessing it is a lie so not getting my hopes up.

it is true from what I can gather, the plan was to start rolling out as soon as existing part stocks were exhausted, it was hinted at that december builds would include it

1 hour ago, chris ha said:

it is true from what I can gather, the plan was to start rolling out as soon as existing part stocks were exhausted, it was hinted at that december builds would include it

That will be a nice New Year Bonus. 🙂

I was told by Toyota UK via a DM on Facebook on 3rd December, I have been a right royal pain in the bum to Toyota on all social media platforms for months, £150 inc vat or £50 if it's being serviced called my dealer and they hadn't heard, they called me this week and confirmed I was right. I assume it must be software rather than any hardware?

2 hours ago, Dee Bee said:

I was told by Toyota UK via a DM on Facebook on 3rd December, I have been a right royal pain in the bum to Toyota on all social media platforms for months, £150 inc vat or £50 if it's being serviced called my dealer and they hadn't heard, they called me this week and confirmed I was right. I assume it must be software rather than any hardware?

I assume its only a firmware\software, there was a mention of fitting a different microphone but at £50 I doubt that, labour is expensive, but if it just involves a bit of software its feasible