Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Retro Fit Apple Carplay & Android Auto

Devon Aygo

On 12/10/2019 at 12:15 PM, BigR1ch said:

I've got an 2wd Icon model coming as a company car via inchcape, due for delivery end of January and I've noticed that on the Specson my order it now states Apple car Play and Android auto as a standard option. Now not sure if that is truth or a lie. Will have to wait and see when it arrives. I'm guessing it is a lie so not getting my hopes up.

Toyota uk website now shows the Icon comes with AC and AA as standard

Toyota Bulletin came out today, states that all orders taken from today will be for 20.5 Careplay AA etc

Does anybody know if the RAV4 models built from December on will have the same MM17 system or do they have other hardware? 

See Devon Aygo's post of September 26 in the following topic -

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/21/2019 at 1:31 PM, FROSTYBALLS said:

See Devon Aygo's post of September 26 in the following topic -

I contacted Toyota and received the following;

Thank you for your email regarding the availability of Apple Carplay in the current Toyota model range including your Toyota RAV4.

After the successful addition of Apple Carplay and Android auto to the Toyota AYGO last year, Toyota have been working on adding this to the rest of the current Toyota range and starting with the new 2020 MY C-HR, this feature is being rolled out across the Toyota model lineup.

I am happy to confirm that the new 2020 RAV4 and the 2020 Corolla will come with Apple carplay and Android auto and this will begin from February 2020.

With regards to 2019 Toyota RAV4 there will be a software update that can be carried out at a Toyota Centre and this update will be live in May 2020 unfortunately at this moment we don't have an exact date but I can confirm that May 2020 will be when Centres would be able to start implementing this software update to add both Apple carplay and Android auto to MY19 vehicles including your RAV4.

Once a date of availability has been confirmed we will of course provide further information to our customers advising on when this update will be fully implemented and also how to arrange this to be carried out.

I apologise that I cannot confirm an exact date in this email but I would suggest keeping an eye on both the Toyota website and official blog and also maintaining contact with your Toyota Centre and I have added some links below for both the Toyota website and the official Toyota Blog.

https://blog.toyota.co.uk/ - Blog page.

https://www.toyota.co.uk/ - Toyota website.

In the meantime I would like to thank you for taking the time to contact Toyota in regards to your Toyota RAV4 and its Multi Media system and when Apple carplay would become fully implemented within the Toyota line up.

Looks like we may have to wait until May 2020!

2 hours ago, Grimmo75 said:

Looks like we may have to wait until May 2020!

Which is the date the first post in this topic states.

• 1 month later...

Thank goodness, love my Rav4 Dynamic apart from it’s got the worst satnav I’ve ever encountered 

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all

Getting a New Rav4 dynamic. Next week. Was told that even though the build was januaray it was not fitted. I had ordered  the car for it. Was then told it could be upgraded for 175 + vat.

My lease company have since taken up the reins. Getting it done for nothing. 

Well done Hitachi 

16 hours ago, Kingo said:

Hi all

Getting a New Rav4 dynamic. Next week. Was told that even though the build was januaray it was not fitted. I had ordered  the car for it. Was then told it could be upgraded for 175 + vat.

My lease company have since taken up the reins. Getting it done for nothing. 

Well done Hitachi 

Hi Kingo.  Well done for getting it sorted out.  When are you getting the upgrade?

Interesting, as Toyota have said that for RAV4 retrofit will be (VAT inlcuding) £150 on it's own and £50 with service.

I've been quoted £150 from local dealer, Toyota not interested in doing it for free. I'm quite annoyed by it TBH, the std sat nav is rubbish and the money they saved by not developing it properly could be spent on giving me Carplay.

My car is a lease car and i'm not paying for it out of my pocket, the lease company said they will not pay. So If my work won't pay then it won't get added, pretty poor because ive another 90,000 miles to do in it before it goes back. 

And because of this I probably won't get another Toyota when my car is due in 2022. It sounds petty but i can choose what I drive and there is no reason to get another Toyota.

I was told by Toyota Customer Service they want people to call them and request a retro fit for andriod play for rav 4. More people call the more faster it will be for them to prioritize and release. I request everyone to call them and make a request. 

18 minutes ago, Ali Amir said:

I was told by Toyota Customer Service they want people to call them and request a retro fit for andriod play for rav 4. More people call the more faster it will be for them to prioritize and release. I request everyone to call them and make a request. 

Which country are you in?

I doubt this is correct for the UK as the latest information is that the retro fit isn't available until May 2020.

On 12/18/2019 at 9:40 AM, griff279 said:

Toyota uk website now shows the Icon comes with AC and AA as standard

Dealer advised that mine doesn't have AC & AA but in May at a service it can be added for £50.00

Your situation is the same as mine by local Toyota Quoted £50 as it gets serviced there 

I assume yours will get serviced at Toyota for Battery warranty? 

I don’t see pay £50 to bad .... I agree free is better but I don’t remember being promised having CarPlay to fight the corner 

• 1 month later...
On 3/4/2020 at 3:50 PM, Limpy Harries said:

I assume yours will get serviced at Toyota for battery warranty? 

The hybrid Battery is covered under the Toyota GB five year/100,000 mile new car warranty. It is only when the car is over five years old that the hybrid Battery warranty extension (1 year or 10,000 miles, whichever occurs first) is provided with the hybrid electric service.

With my Prius, every service from year one added an extra year to the Hybrid warranty. So after 4 years It still has 4 years warranty left. I gave the Prius to my son when received my Rav4 in September, presumably he has inherited the 4 years 

9 hours ago, Yorkboy said:

With my Prius, every service from year one added an extra year to the Hybrid warranty. So after 4 years It still has 4 years warranty left. I gave the Prius to my son when received my Rav4 in September, presumably he has inherited the 4 years

The hybrid Battery is covered under the new car/factory warranty - in the UK 5 years/100,000 miles.

Extract from the Toyota hybrid Battery extended warranty terms and conditions:

"The Toyota Hybrid Battery Extended Cover is only valid for vehicles:

a) on which the factory hybrid warranty has expired or

b) the factory hybrid warranty has a remaining coverage time of less than 2  months or 1,000 miles and

c) that are less than 15 years old from date of registration"

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/4/2020 at 3:50 PM, Limpy Harries said:

Your situation is the same as mine by local Toyota Quoted £50 as it gets serviced there 

I assume yours will get serviced at Toyota for battery warranty? 

I don’t see pay £50 to bad .... I agree free is better but I don’t remember being promised having CarPlay to fight the corner 

After paying £37k for a car I at least expect to change the home screen so yes it should be free

• 2 weeks later...

Some on the Corolla club have said their dealers are talking about July at the earliest. Check with your dealer or Toyota Customer Relations.

On 5/23/2020 at 7:21 PM, Gaz60 said:

Is there any update on the RAV4 Apple CarPlay upgrade. When can we start booking?

I spoke to RRG in Macclesfield last week, still no news on availability, was supposed to be in May, but the dealers haven't heard anything for quite a while now - with COVID they only opened up the garage and showroom in the last week for pre arranged servicing and car viewings so maybe no surprises there...

However, the guy I spoke to did confirm that there is no hardware upgrade necessary (at least on the 2019 Rav4) - it is only a software patch, but takes a couple of hours - hence the price, still quoted at £50 with service, £150 without.

I asked, if its a S/W only update why we can't do it at home and he said that the update will no doubt make its way unofficially on to the web in due course, but that there is every possibility that you could brick your entune, which would not be covered by warranty. He suggested a swap out of the infotainment system would be considerably more financially painful than the official update path, so don't take the risk. Even if successful, it would show up on your next service that it had been done on the sly, which may even affect your warranty...

He assured me he would be in touch as soon as he heard something (you get the feeling they are twiddling their thumbs a bit right now) so if I hear something, I'll let you know.

Nick.

Thank you for the update guys. I just called my local Toyota and they are saying the same. They are waiting for an update from Toyota as to when the release will happen.

Booked my Rav4 in for its first service in June and asked them to install Apple CarPlay and android Auto as its only £50 with the service. They advised that the Availability date has been pushed out to July now and as it won’t be with the service it will be £150.