Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Retro Fit Apple Carplay & Android Auto

Devon Aygo

I can appreciate the Covid delay and the need to prioritise but what bugs me is why a new car supplied this month does not have the much advertised Android Auto capability. I feel that I was misled and the "C'est la vie" attitude is not comforting. I love the car, which has already received several complimentary comments/enquiries, but how can I in all honesty recommend it given my experience. Toyota's prioritisation seems to be on selling cars rather than delivering on promises and customer satisfaction!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, PWT said:

I can appreciate the Covid delay and the need to prioritise but what bugs me is why a new car supplied this month does not have the much advertised Android Auto capability. I feel that I was misled and the "C'est la vie" attitude is not comforting. I love the car, which has already received several complimentary comments/enquiries, but how can I in all honesty recommend it given my experience. Toyota's prioritisation seems to be on selling cars rather than delivering on promises and customer satisfaction!

Toyota Owners Club has no association with Toyota. Doubtful that Toyota GB visit this site, won't see this, and certainly won't reply via these forums.

I asked Toyota UK why they market the Rav4 as coming with Android Auto and their reply was "Please provide us a image or link to where the marketing literature illustrates this and we will be more than happy to look into this for you."!

17 minutes ago, Techtastic said:

I asked Toyota UK why they market the Rav4 as coming with Android Auto and their reply was "Please provide us a image or link to where the marketing literature illustrates this and we will be more than happy to look into this for you."!

Probably so they can determine whether what you've seen is current or out of date.

I realise Toyota UK will pay little attention to groups like thus but it makes me feel better to share my views. Attached is part of the marketing I have seen. It's been around since before I took the decision to buy. Thanks anyway.

Screenshot_20200629-162729_Chrome.jpg

I think Toyota's website changed mid December 2019 to state the Rav4 is fitted with Apple car play

10 minutes ago, griff279 said:

I think Toyota's website changed mid December 2019 to state the Rav4 is fitted with Apple car play

Which would fit with the introduction of the 2020 model year revisions.

Yes that's what I think too. Although I bought my car in April (June delivery)it was probably built Q3 or Q4 2019. I have obviously been promised the retrofit free of charge but just have to wait. Still it's making me persevere with the Toyota Nav etc. and its not as bad as I was led to expect. 

So, I am using waze on my phone (in the phone holder) and listening to spotify over bluetooth in RAV4. But today, I took Auris for servicing and got new Aygo as a loan car and it had ACP. Forgot how good it is and how easy it is to control waze and spotify on the big screen, also less clutter on the dash. Hopefully we will get the retrofit this year, just have to wait.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Rav4ster said:

.... and got new Aygo as a loan car and it had ACP.

ACP/AA was introduced on some versions of the facelift Aygo (May 2018), but it is a different head unit - shared with the 108/C1, but no other Toyota models.

On 6/28/2020 at 4:53 PM, Devon Aygo said:

Unless you are directly involved in the programme to design, programme/engineer and deliver the update you can only assume the update is a simple process, quite frankly we do not know what the process will be.  

At present we are trying to get back to as near normal as possible but in the meantime we are going to have to prioritise operations and a software update for a non critical function is not a priority yet, hence a dela

Quite frankly. after long journey with toyota since 2000s (2 Celica's, GT86, 3xRav4), its good to know that i was miss-lead  when buying a car and non longer priority. Having spent serval years in IT management ( managing embedded projects too) I cannot see how you able to deliver new cars with AA and CarPlay and not retrofit old ones. Toyota need to be honest and not blame covid.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

ACP/AA was introduced on some versions of the facelift Aygo (May 2018), but it is a different head unit - shared with the 108/C1, but no other Toyota models.

I know that Aygo has the different head unit, it was just a positive comment on user experience. Luck of ACP/AA in RAV4 with MM17 is very minor inconvenience for me and I got the car fully aware that it does not have it. When the update finally comes, I will get it, but see no point complaining about delays much. It takes as long as it takes to test and develop the new software, to make sure that upgrade goes smoothly.

it was just a general point as others may not be aware of the differences

• Thanks 1

Can anyone help me understand which RAV4 models will allow for the AA/AC upgrade in Oct -

Is it the most recent facelift above Icon grade?

Simply any above Icon grade that feature the slab style Infotainment unit?

I'm working on assumption of 19/69/20 plates?

See the first post of this topic. 

The different model years aren't facelifts - have just had minor adjustments to the specification.

You cannot go by the registration plate, as 2019 model year vehicles, due to the order backlog, when delivered may be first registered in 2020 - so could be 69 or 20 plates, though still be 2019 model year vehicles.

5 minutes ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

The different model years aren't facelifts - have just had minor adjustments to the specification.

So are you saying I cannot simply tell by looking at the head-unit which is compatible? I am currently considering a few used models between 19-20 plate

Icon can only be upgraded if it was fitted with the optional sat nav.

I've been told by the dealers all other models 19/20 new shape can be upgraded later in the year.

Can't be 100% sure as the dealers don't know for sure till they get the software/hardware

59 minutes ago, Starmans said:

So are you saying I cannot simply tell by looking at the head-unit which is compatible? I am currently considering a few used models between 19-20 plate

No I'm not.

1 hour ago, Starmans said:

19 and 69 plates will definitely not have AA/CP ( a chargeable update will be available in Oct 20 Icon Models excluded )

20 plates the only way to tell is to view the installed software version or connect a phone and check , currently there are still earlier production models in stock & transit that do not have AA/CP  as above models without can be updated from Oct 20

3 minutes ago, Devon Aygo said:

19 and 69 plates will definitely not have AA/CP ( a chargeable update will be available in Oct 20 )

20 plates the only way to tell is to view the installed software version or connect a phone and check , currently there are still earlier production models in stock & transit that do not have AA/CP  as above models without can be updated from Oct 20

Thank you for the clarification - I'm happy for an reasonable upgrade charge at a later date if I save few £1000 and a lump of depreciation 🙂

2 minutes ago, Starmans said:

Thank you for the clarification - I'm happy for an reasonable upgrade charge at a later date if I save few £1000 and a lump of depreciation 🙂

No problem just ensure you Avoid early Icon models that do not have AA/CP as they cannot be updated to include AA/CP, newer Icon built from Jan 20 onwards will have AA/CP

Owner of a '19 Excel with SPR with collection next week and bundled AA upgrade on release in Oct 🙂

On 6/29/2020 at 9:20 AM, PWT said:

The fact you weren't informed is wholly on your dealer they would have known from the moment they ordered the car whether it was coming with AA/CP or not and there is no excuse from your dealer for not informing you correctly

• Like 1

Indeed, the dealer will know what model year the car is.  As a side, the 20.5MY all wheel drive models now come with an 'AWD-i' Badge on the back!

On 6/30/2020 at 8:37 PM, Devon Aygo said:

No problem just ensure you Avoid early Icon models that do not have AA/CP as they cannot be updated to include AA/CP, newer Icon built from Jan 20 onwards will have AA/CP

hi Devon, I have an Icon with Optional SatNav, I was told by the dealer that this can have the AA/CP update when it becomes available. Can you clarify if this is indeed the case. Thanks