Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Retro Fit Apple Carplay & Android Auto

Devon Aygo

My car is due a service in late October, I am in Cardiff, so I asked Motorline Service Centre and Motorline Cardiff about the upgrade,

They knew absolutely nothing ! and told me Mod edit, that it was not available on any 2019 cars, only "2020 Going Forward" what ever that is supposed to mean, then suggested it was not available until sometime next year, due to Covid..THey suggested I spoke to SALES.....

I told them I was not confident that they were capable of installing it anyway -  and would look for a Service Centre that maybe knew what they were doing.

Has anyone found a dealer that has actually knows about the Upgrade ?

Keep well

Paul

From earlier posts, the updates are due at dealers by 12th October and some have already received them.

Spoke to my dealer a few days ago, who initially told me that it will be in January 2021. When I pointed out that I just spoke to Toyota Customer care and gave him the TSB number, few minutes later: you are correct sir, but we cannot do it earlier then 15th of October, as technicians will need to do the training (for warranty reasons if something goes wrong). To be honest, this is fair enough and he told me that this is not the priority for them and they didn't receive the TSB from Toyota yet. It is getting to the dealers, but very slow.

Update - my dealer called me today to cancel my booking for tomorrow due to the update being apparently delayed until early November. Wonder if others have the same experience.

Ask your dealer to look at TSB 'BE-00439T-TME', many are still not aware of it.
Preconfigured USB drives should have been sent (orderred) to dealers from 05/10/2020 and the training should be availible from 12/10/2020
According to Toyota reply here (from 07/10/2020) it is still on track.
https://blog.toyota.co.uk/how-to-use-apple-carplay-in-your-toyota

do anybody has the TSB ' BE-00439T-TME' ?

My Rav4 is due its service at the end of October. I have rung two dealers re: Service and Android Auto retrofit, both saying the update is now not available until the end of the year.

Has anybody had it done yet? 

6 hours ago, Yorkboy said:

My Rav4 is due its service at the end of October. I have rung two dealers re: Service and Android Auto retrofit, both saying the update is now not available until the end of the year.

Has anybody had it done yet? 

Were getting close however:

1 Toyota are yet to officially announce the scheme publicly and will not do so until point 2 is ready.

2 Toyota have made it compulsory for all technicians to take online training and pass a test ( training is not live yet ).

3 Warranty have made it compulsory to register the update on completion to maintain cover and this will only be accepted once the training above has been completed.

• Thanks 1

I have a 2019 RAV4 which has been imported from Germany (left hand drive as I drive a lot in Europe) it did not come with Apple Carplay which I would like retrofitted. I have asked my local Toyota Dealership to help but they have said that the licensing keys for the software are only for U.K. registered vehicles so they cannot retrofit carplay. Also they cannot help to upload software which will change Km/hour to mph. Has anyone any ideas

Topics merged.

Hi All,  was at my dealer for a service this morning on my 2019 Rav (Ireland based). Apple Carplay retrofit is available but they want to charge €150+tax to install!

4 minutes ago, Laura7 said:

Hi All,  was at my dealer for a service this morning on my 2019 Rav (Ireland based). Apple Carplay retrofit is available but they want to charge €150+tax to install!

If you look at the first post of this topic, the costs for the UK are included there. Would imagine similar costs for Ireland.

• Like 1

On 10/13/2020 at 5:21 PM, Ron Desse6 said:

I have a 2019 RAV4 which has been imported from Germany (left hand drive as I drive a lot in Europe) it did not come with Apple Carplay which I would like retrofitted. I have asked my local Toyota Dealership to help but they have said that the licensing keys for the software are only for U.K. registered vehicles so they cannot retrofit carplay. Also they cannot help to upload software which will change Km/hour to mph. Has anyone any ideas

Can you post a picture of the Software update screen on your RAV4.

Press "setup" > scroll down on the RH menu press "software update"

There is no software available at all to alter Speedo functions, UK cars display both MPH/KMH is this not the case on yours?

9 hours ago, Laura7 said:

Yep it is not Free, people who purchased later Corolla/Rav with Carplay /AA included paid extra for the privilege, Toyota UK are offering £50 if completed with a Service £150 on its own. 

Had appointment for safety recall (Front Lower Arm Replacement) for my 2020 RAV4 this week and had requested MM retrofit at same time. Appointment cancelled the day before as no part for recall work and no knowledge of retrofit availability. What's to blame? - Covid!! That seems to be Motorline's stock excuse. 

Dropped my car off for the 1st service today and service manager was honest with me, and told that they are not ready to install Apple Car Play, because technicians did not finish the training yet and need to try it on one of the used cars first. He apologised and said that they will do it later in the year for £50.
Cannot complain about this, good customer service. In my opinion, Toyota UK should have made sure that dealers are ready to do the work, before saying to the customers it is available (on Toyota blog).

9 hours ago, Rav4ster said:

Dropped my car off for the 1st service today and service manager was honest with me, and told that they are not ready to install Apple Car Play...

Yeah almost what I'd been told accept that they blamed Toyota delaying it 🙂

YES!!! My retrofit is done. Had it upgraded by my dealer (on invitation from them). Cost 50€+Vat. Everything works flowless. And best of all, I have a invoice to claim waranty if something goes wrong with my MMsystem.

20201016_125938.jpg

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, ghosterror said:

YES!!! My retrofit is done. Had it upgraded by my dealer (on invitation from them). Cost 50€+Vat. Everything works flowless. And best of all, I have a invoice to claim waranty if something goes wrong with my MMsystem.

20201016_125938.jpg

Where did you get this done?

@ my locale toyota dealer ( in belgium ).

Booked 12 month service with SLM Toyota in Norwich, asked for the Android Auto upgrade but was told that it had not been released to them yet. They did say they would honor the £50 price when it is available. 

My 2019 RAV4 has gone in for its service today and I asked them to put this on.They told me A price of £50, which seems good. But the service engineer told me this morning they might have trouble doing this. They tried doing the first install on a car earlier this week and it never worked.

I have to say they seem to be constantly negative to everything. I have had loads of trouble with them so if they do not get this installed I will take my service elsewhere.

I was negative to my dealer but seems they have installed it. They said mine was the 2nd they have done and the first successfully. They told me it took 3 hours, though I do not know whether to believe that.

I now need to start using it. I assume there is still no WiFi connection and you have to plug into the car?

no, still need to plug-in the cable to have AA/ACP.

1 hour ago, Scottydog007 said:

I was negative to my dealer but seems they have installed it. They said mine was the 2nd they have done and the first successfully. They told me it took 3 hours, though I do not know whether to believe that.

I now need to start using it. I assume there is still no WiFi connection and you have to plug into the car?

Great news for you Scottydog, where are you based? If you are in the UK then I can put a bit of pressure on my dealer here in Norwich.