Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Retro Fit Apple Carplay & Android Auto

Devon Aygo

23 hours ago, greigster said:

Great news for you Scottydog, where are you based? If you are in the UK then I can put a bit of pressure on my dealer here in Norwich. 

He is Hertfordshire 

41 minutes ago, Kingo said:

He is Hertfordshire 

Thanks Kingo, I hope he will not mind naming his service company just so I can put some pressure on my dealer before my service on 2nd November. 

When in to my dealership on Saturday to ask if they can do it, he said no so I asked him if they would honour the £50 if i booked my car in for its service and have ACP/AA done when they can do it, he said he will phone Toyota up today (Monday) and ask if they can honour the £50. Surly it’s up to the dealership and not Toyota?. He said a lot of people have asked for the upgrade and said the service is due at 10,000 miles,is this correct? Ours has done over 14,000 miles oops 

Toyota service intervals are every 12 months or 10,000 miles, whichever occurs first. Presumably you need to have the mileage based servicing, so you're overdue by 4,000 miles.

Yes only had car since end of January nevernomind 

Hi people,

I'm new here, just registered today and was hoping somebody has an idea which would help me out.

I took my car to the shop for the CarPlay retrofit today and after 3 hours they informed me they are not able to do the upgrade because the software version I've got on my head unit is "not valid". The truth is I tried to do the update myself in the beginning of September when the 3 USB files leaked. I never made it through the entire process so I suppose my head unit is stuck somewhere between. The process finished with a  red error screen, but the unit rebooted fine. It works fine, just not CarPlay.

My Rav4 is 2019 with Panasonic navigation unit. Current versions are DCU is 17TDT2EU-DA01 and MEU is 17TMT2EU-FA10 and my davdb version is the latest 2020v1.

Using the BE-00439T-TME document I tried to do the update again today but I'm getting nowhere. I'm stuck already with the USB # 1: when I plug it in nothing happens. The screen briefly displays "reading USB, wait..." or something but then nothing happens. I've already verified the stick is good, properly formatted and readable. My suspicion is that something (a file) remained on the unit's internal storage and now it thinks the upgrade was already done or it's simply stuck in some limbo state. 

Any thoughts on how I can restart the upgrade with USB #1?

Thanks!!!

Would disconnecting the power from the unit help idk but that usually helps with other stuff   Good luck and let us know how you get on 

Finally getting mine done next Monday.

Getting it for free, but only because they originally told me it would. But now charging £120.

Cant wait. Will update next week.

Good news Kingo, could you share the name of your service centre who are carrying out the upgrade please. 

Cheers

Neil

1 hour ago, greigster said:

Good news Kingo, could you share the name of your service centre who are carrying out the upgrade please. 

Cheers

Neil

HendyToyota Bournemouth 

1 minute ago, Kingo said:

HendyToyota Bournemouth 

Thank you for that Kingo. 

My Rav4 is booked in for a service on Monday. My local Norwich dealer gas told me that they have not been issued with the nessesary software to perform the upgrade. 

Not sure I believe them. 

Cheers Neil

Just phoned SLM here in Norwich and informed them that other Toyota dealerships are performing the update for Android Auto and surprisingly they received the software yesterday, so they will update mine on 2nd November. 

Mine will be the first that they will update 🤔 fingers crossed. 

Thanks Kingo for the info. 

They will also do a map and direction of travel update. 

Are there any other updates I need to get done? 

Cheers

Neil

Is there a reference for the Map & Direction of travel update ?

I have mine booked in at Motorline Toyota Cardiff for service and hopefully the Android Auto update  in mid November, but I was not aware of an update for the Direction of Travel.

Thanks 

Paul

2 hours ago, Talshia said:

I have mine booked in at Motorline Toyota Cardiff for service and hopefully the Android Auto update  in mid November, but I was not aware of an update for the Direction of Travel.

Thanks 

Paul

Intersted in this as well.

11 hours ago, Talshia said:

Thanks 

Paul

8 hours ago, Kingo said:

5 hours ago, Buff69 said:

And me 👍

The upgrade process is in 5 distinct steps:

1. If installed Maps are to be updated to at least 2019 v1, best to get the latest version currently 2020v1 this can take nearly an hour.

2. A USB with intervention files set the head unit DCU up to accept an update file not normally allowed, in this case MM19 DCU files into a MM17 unit.

3. Another USB with multiple update files in order adds all the latest updates to the MM17 and then all the latest updates for the MM19 DCU, this means the display has all the latest updates/fixes available. This one can take around an hour.

4. Intervention USB again now for the Navigation MEU setting the MEU up to accept update files not normally allowed, in this case MM19 MEU files into a MM17 unit.

5. Another USB with all the MEU updates for MM17 and then MM19 installing all the latest updates/fixes, this is the big one and can around 2 hours installing an update, rebooting adding the next, rebooting and on and on until complete.

Once complete not only do you have AA/CP but also all the fixes currently available one of which is direction of travel.

• Thanks 1

Devon Aygo, Will the dealer do all these updates at the service I have booked for mid November ?

Thanks

Paul

1 hour ago, Talshia said:

Will the dealer do all these updates at the service I have booked for mid November ?

Why not just ask the dealer beforehand to do the updates together with the service - that way you will get a direct answer from the people due to do the work.

2 hours ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

Why not just ask the dealer beforehand to do the updates together with the service - that way you will get a direct answer from the people due to do the work.

I have , but so far they say they no nothing even about the Android auto/carplay update, They are shut now until November 9 due to Wales Covid restrictions...

Thanks

Paul

3 hours ago, Talshia said:

They are shut now until November 9 due to Wales Covid restrictions...

May be closed for longer if a national lockdown is announced next week.

Aside from that, unless Devon Aygo works for the same dealer group as your dealer, doubt whether he will be able to confirm what you want to know.

Hi All

My local Toyota Dealer done the Apple carplay

I take my car for first service as I booked  when I am in the Dealer ship I made a inquire about acp/aauto  and they says take over 4hours to do if I leave my car can be done now all done  waiting for this over a year 

On 10/30/2020 at 10:11 AM, Talshia said:

Thanks 

Paul

All done today

Android auto up and running.

Sat nav up date so home screen is direction of travel.

All for free. 

Thanks at last Toyota

On 10/30/2020 at 9:29 PM, Devon Aygo said:

The upgrade process is in 5 distinct steps:

1. If installed Maps are to be updated to at least 2019 v1, best to get the latest version currently 2020v1 this can take nearly an hour.

2. A USB with intervention files set the head unit DCU up to accept an update file not normally allowed, in this case MM19 DCU files into a MM17 unit.

3. Another USB with multiple update files in order adds all the latest updates to the MM17 and then all the latest updates for the MM19 DCU, this means the display has all the latest updates/fixes available. This one can take around an hour.

4. Intervention USB again now for the Navigation MEU setting the MEU up to accept update files not normally allowed, in this case MM19 MEU files into a MM17 unit.

5. Another USB with all the MEU updates for MM17 and then MM19 installing all the latest updates/fixes, this is the big one and can around 2 hours installing an update, rebooting adding the next, rebooting and on and on until complete.

Once complete not only do you have AA/CP but also all the fixes currently available one of which is direction of travel.

Thank you for the info Devoted Aygo. I had my service done today and they have done a map update along with Android Auto and Apple Car Play but they have no knowledge of the Direction of Travel Navigation. Do you have a Toyota Tech Bulletin reference please. 

Cheers

Neil

47 minutes ago, greigster said:

Thank you for the info Devoted Aygo. I had my service done today and they have done a map update along with Android Auto and Apple Car Play but they have no knowledge of the Direction of Travel Navigation. Do you have a Toyota Tech Bulletin reference please. 

Cheers

Neil

All the MM17 Updates will have been done as part of the update across to MM19 and as it stands the MM19 update is as up to date as it is currently possible to be.