Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Retro Fit Apple Carplay & Android Auto

Devon Aygo

1 minute ago, Devon Aygo said:

All the MM17 Updates will have been done as part of the update across to MM19 and as it stands the MM19 update is as up to date as it is currently possible to be.

Thank you "devoted" Devon Aygo. Blo@#y spell checker. 

Can I get my 2018 RAV4 NON sat Nav upgraded for aauto?

Thanks.

No - different head unit.

Had my service and maps update along with AA and ACP, I can confirm that the latest maps update sets the navigation to direction of travel. 

Had a go at Android Auto, downloaded the app to my phone, connected the phone to the main USB socket..... Nothing happened!! 

How do I access Android Auto on the head unit in the car? 

Cheers Neil

21 hours ago, greigster said:

Thank you for the info Devoted Aygo. I had my service done today and they have done a map update along with Android Auto and Apple Car Play but they have no knowledge of the Direction of Travel Navigation. Do you have a Toyota Tech Bulletin reference please. 

Cheers

Neil

When you go to sat nav. Press direction of travel. Then when you back to home screen it stays there, not changing to compass view

2 hours ago, greigster said:

Had my service and maps update along with AA and ACP, I can confirm that the latest maps update sets the navigation to direction of travel. 

Had a go at Android Auto, downloaded the app to my phone, connected the phone to the main USB socket..... Nothing happened!! 

How do I access Android Auto on the head unit in the car? 

Cheers Neil

Open AA on phone and connect to car.

21 minutes ago, Kingo said:

Open AA on phone and connect to car.

Hmm, have had AA on my phone for a while but recently received a phone update to Android 10.

After some searching it appears that AA won't work with Android 10 until you download an extra app called "Android Auto for phone screen"

Now it works on the phone and I will try in the Rav4 tomorrow. 

Cheers Neil

I have a Samsung S20+. After the retrofit, the only thing I had to do is just connect the phone with the cable and select AA in the menu.

Had our first service today and it was touch and go if we could get the update as there was a clich in the process which nearly bricked someone’s head unit, they didn’t do it but said ring them in a weeks time to see if it’s been sorted, if so they will do it for us.  when we booked the service the guy said some RAV4 owners won’t have to pay as there is a dispute? or claim? that it should have been on there cars and he will see if our car is one of them, forgot to ask him today though.

33 minutes ago, Buff69 said:

Had our first service today and it was touch and go if we could get the update as there was a clich in the process which nearly bricked someone’s head unit, they didn’t do it but said ring them in a weeks time to see if it’s been sorted, if so they will do it for us.  when we booked the service the guy said some RAV4 owners won’t have to pay as there is a dispute? or claim? that it should have been on there cars and he will see if our car is one of them, forgot to ask him today though.

Thats what happened to me.

2 hours ago, ghosterror said:

I have a Samsung S20+. After the retrofit, the only thing I had to do is just connect the phone with the cable and select AA in the menu.

It seems that Android 10 works fine with AA but if you have been on Android 9 and upgraded to Android 10, AA in not carried over after the upgrade. 

Cheers Neil

Hi,

There is some kind of uncertainty about the mic replacement necessity with the local Toyota dealer. 

Is there anyone, with the 2019  RAV4 with JBL ( Harman ) head unit upgrade done, who could tell if it really does need the MIC replacement ??? 

DCU  17TDT2EU-DA01       (   Model ID DCU = D -> Panasonic and Harman= RAV4 T2 -> With OE navigation (MEU equipped from factory).

Version.jpg

Remember reading a bulletin that only Denso units need a new mic, UK cars have Panasonic units

13 hours ago, Erno2019 said:

Hi,

There is some kind of uncertainty about the mic replacement necessity with the local Toyota dealer. 

Is there anyone, with the 2019  RAV4 with JBL ( Harman ) head unit upgrade done, who could tell if it really does need the MIC replacement ??? 

DCU  17TDT2EU-DA01       (   Model ID DCU = D -> Panasonic and Harman= RAV4 T2 -> With OE navigation (MEU equipped from factory).

Version.jpg

Microphone is only required if you have a LHD 17TDT1EU-CA01 either without Nav T1 or with Accessory Navigation T1.5.

"For LHD (Left Hand Drive) RAV4 T1/T1.5 MY19 (without navi & accessory navi) produced from Oct'18 to Sep'19 a solution has been found.

It is MANDATORY to replace the microphone located in the OHC (Over Head Console) BEFORE a retrofit is allowed to take place.

The new microphone (produced from Oct'19) is homologated (certified) and fits directly into the old OHC without any other adjustment required.

For RHD (Right Hand Drive) RAV4 T1/T1.5 MY19 (without navi & accessory navi) produced from Oct'18 to Sep'19, no solution is available (the LHD solution does not work on RHD).

As a result, it is NOT ALLOWED to retrofit the RHD RAV4 T1.

Part number: 86730-42080 (MICROPHONE ASSY)"

This is why Early UK spec Rav4 Icon without nav and T1 Denso type head unit cannot get the update.

According to your model 17TDT2EU-DA01 a T2 Panasonic unit does not need a microphone update

• Thanks 1

Thank You for the above clarification. 

I Would still like to understand the warranty issue in the case of DIY upgrade.

In the TSB BE-00439T-TME it says that the retrofit should be registered

" Important

Once the upgrade has been performed, register the upgraded vehicle through the warranty channel.

Please refer to the last page of the TSB "Registration of the retrofit through the warranty channel"." 

In the last page there is no information about the registration ???

Is it possible to do the " warranty channel" registration by myself or is it something the dealer can do only ??

And what happens if the retrofit is not registered. 

29 minutes ago, Erno2019 said:

Is it possible to do the " warranty channel" registration by myself or is it something the dealer can do only ??

And what happens if the retrofit is not registered. 

It was previously stated in another topic that dealers would be able to identify whether the update had been self installed, and there is one example in this topic, where a dealer stated a self installed update was not valid and refused to do further work on the head unit. Would have thought the warranty channel would only be available to dealers, and presumably if an update isn't registered via the warranty channel, the warranty on the head unit becomes invalid.

got ACP retrofitted today, took under three hours. All works fine, however Audio is 1075 and Nav is 1120.  Latest are 1101 and 1140. Got the files, will update later.

where did you find the new 1120 and the 1140 files?

Got them from www.toyota-tech.eu. They are model specific.
Audio for 17TDT2EU-DA31 new frimware 1101
Nav for 17TMT2EU-FA10 new firmware 1140

• Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, Rav4ster said:

got ACP retrofitted today, took under three hours. All works fine, however Audio is 1075 and Nav is 1120.  Latest are 1101 and 1140. Got the files, will update later.

Which dealer did the fit for you?

7 minutes ago, Rav4ster said:

Got them from www.toyota-tech.eu. They are model specific.
Audio for 17TDT2EU-DA31 new frimware 1101
Nav for 17TMT2EU-FA10 new firmware 1140

I have exactly the same system. But I'm not able to find the files on the website www.toyota-tech.eu . I'm loged in but the only thing I can find ( as software/update ) are the 'old' map update 2020V1... Can you guide me where I can find the firmware files please?

Look at the big post from 'edie' on page 6, he listed the bulletins you need.
They are in subscription section. you can get 1 hour access for 4 euros. (I did)
https://www.toyota-tech.eu/euro5search/index?PUBTYPE=TSB#
Alternatively, there a few urls to the files in the earlier post here and in Corolla section

• 2 weeks later...

My car was serviced at Motorline Cardiff, last week, they also did the Android Auto and maps upgrade for £50 (apparently the first they had done)

All seem good, I am very pleased, and the Maps function now thankfully, points in the direction of travel.

This is what I now have

Thank you all on the site for the information and help in getting this done.

keep well

Paul

IMG_20201123_145045.jpg

IMG_20201123_145305.jpg

Sorry to ask, but can you get this done on a 20 plate Yaris?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, dave hendy said:

Sorry to ask, but can you get this done on a 20 plate Yaris?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Afraid not, it has been included into NG Yaris but will not be available as a retrofit for last generation