Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Retro Fit Apple Carplay & Android Auto

Devon Aygo

On 11/23/2020 at 8:02 PM, Devon Aygo said:
Afraid not, it has been included into NG Yaris but will not be available as a retrofit for last generation 

[emoji22] oh well I will have to carry on using my phone cradle

Thanks for the information

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just booked my 2019 RAV in for the Apple carplay during its 20,000 service next month, £100 quoted.

My 2019 RAV4 booked in next Tuesday for service and Android Auto Install, £50 quoted. The dealer I purchased the vehicle, quoted £150 if included with service. You think they would be a standatd charge. I felt I was been ripped off with £150, won't be going back there. 

I thought there was a standard charge of £50 with service and £150 without.

Paul

11 hours ago, Talshia said:

Paul

Yeah so did I, but that is what they quoted me by email.

Kevin

My dealer told me (and I am sure Devon Aygo mentioned as well) that ACP and AA retrofit prices are set by Toyota. You can try another dealer or call Toyota customer help and confirm the price, then kindly point out to your dealer that they are charging a bit too much.

I've just got to get to the first service, only 5000 miles on the clock 😞

3 hours ago, BigR1ch said:

I've just got to get to the first service, only 5000 miles on the clock 😞

Just in case, servicing is 10,000 miles or 12 months whichever comes first

6 hours ago, Rav4ster said:

My dealer told me (and I am sure Devon Aygo mentioned as well) that ACP and AA retrofit prices are set by Toyota. You can try another dealer or call Toyota customer help and confirm the price, then kindly point out to your dealer that they are charging a bit too much.

Like anywhere else Toyota can only suggest/recommend the Pricing of £50 with service & £150 on its own, pricing is "only at participating" dealers and if they wish a Dealer can charge what they want.

Very true, this is why I switched to my current dealer a few years ago. Old dealer often ignored recommended prices and tried to charge a lot more.

18 hours ago, Devon Aygo said:

Just in case, servicing is 10,000 miles or 12 months whichever comes first

looks like 12 months in March 2021.

3 hours ago, Limpy Harries said:

So with Apple car play do you have to plug the phone in for it too work ? 

Yes you do need to plug in

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Devon Aygo said:

Yes you do need to plug in

Thanks the reply, sure my friend Ford it all works via the bluetooth.

what pain to go backwards to plug-in phone in.

ok next question for anyone with Apple CarPlay dose Waze work on it replace the rather naff navigation system 

6 hours ago, Limpy Harries said:

ok next question for anyone with Apple CarPlay dose Waze work on it replace the rather naff navigation system 

Yes i use every working day

• Thanks 1

On 11/24/2020 at 9:53 PM, Talshia said:

Paul

Toyota confirmed the £50 charge, emailed the dealer and awaiting the response.

22 hours ago, MrNuts said:

Toyota confirmed the £50 charge, emailed the dealer and awaiting the response.

Dealer called and said there was confusion with my booking, being done for £50.

I was having problems with the satnav continually freezing and giving incorrect directions. So decided to take it to local toyota dealer. They organised for the system to be updated with the latest software, and at the same time install Apple car play. Success and the cost £50. 

I'm having mine updated on Friday. The dealer has twice updated the firmware for me in the past as the unit kept freezing in all modes as well as all the other bugs noticed before. Hopefully this will fix things. I do resent having to pay to get faults fixed but hey ho.

After the update, does the e-store then show updates for the new MY19 version as it currently shows subs for MY17 and the V1 map update for MY17

12 hours ago, Phill111 said:

After the update, does the e-store then show updates for the new MY19 version as it currently shows subs for MY17 and the V1 map update for MY17

Nothing changes on estore as the map sets are the same for MM17 & MM19 however MM19 adds the ability to do map updates over the air using wifi or mobile data and unlike MM17 the download & update can be interrupted and resume until both are complete. 

5 hours ago, Devon Aygo said:

Nothing changes on estore as the map sets are the same for MM17 & MM19 however MM19 adds the ability to do map updates over the air using wifi or mobile data and unlike MM17 the download & update can be interrupted and resume until both are complete. 

Thank you. Sounds like a lot of improvement

Another useful thing, is when you use built in sat nav (no mobile phone connection for example) and then later into the journey start using waze or google maps in ACP, built in sat nav automatically stops guidance. The car I had before didn't do this.

Hi.

Car going in for safety recall next week and Motorline have agreed to do the upgrade at same time. Free of charge as my showroom model bought in May 2020 turned out to be late 2019 model without promised features. Can't  wait as finding on board Nav very poor with fairly major roads missing. 

Does anyone know if the steering wheel voice button work for AA as an alternative to "Hey Google" or on screen microphone icon.

5 minutes ago, PWT said:

Hi.

Car going in for safety recall next week and Motorline have agreed to do the upgrade at same time. Free of charge as my showroom model bought in May 2020 turned out to be late 2019 model without promised features. Can't  wait as finding on board Nav very poor with fairly major roads missing. 

Does anyone know if the steering wheel voice button work for AA as an alternative to "Hey Google" or on screen microphone icon.

It certainly works for Siri in my RAV4, just a long hold of the button and it activated the phone instead of the normal voice control. I spoke to a colleague who has just received a Corolla and the voice button works the same way for Android on his car. It would guess both cars have the same system so there should be no reason it does not work on Android on the RAV4. You should be able to test it now before the upgrade.

• Thanks 1