Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Crazy idea? Auto passenger window

Dippy

My RAV4.3 has the standard 4 window control buttons with the driver window only being auto. Sometimes I’d like an auto passenger window too. I’m told this can’t be done simply as it needs the auto stop safety, to stop children’s heads being chopped off etc. 

It occurred to me (my car is LHD) what if I fit a driver door from a RHD car? All mechanisms built in already?

or am I completely mad? 🙂 

Do you actually want to be able to auto open the passenger window from your side, or allow the passenger to be able to control their own window too?

Why don't you just get the mechanism instead replacing the whole door?

It should work fine, but i doubt you would be able to control it from driver's side as there is an extra 2 switches that are used for full auto, one for up, and down.

You probably just add those 2 dip switches to the driver's side, but you would also need to pull the extra wires from the passenger to driver's side.

The auto window function is either part of the switch electronics, control module or programmed into the BCM

The bounce back feature has been standard on cars since the late 80's its all done by the motor and limit switches on all windows

Auto close is electronic not mechanical swapping mech's will achieve nothing, the auto window switch has 4 positions rather than 2

Ps. what country are you from ?

I am British living in Portugal. 

Id like to be able to auto open and close the pax window like I can do with my driver window. 

So might it be as simple as locating another switch that has “auto” on it, from a breaker, and fitting it into my cluster? 

Not quite clear how the extra two wires go round to the other door, but am tired right now; what would they need to connect to?