Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Knocking/clicking sound when idle

mflorant

Hi!  2009 T27 2.0 Petrol CVT
A strange question:
I hear a fine knocking / clicking sound from the engine idling.  The knocking sound is like coming from one of the right-hand sparks when I face the car. Can you say something? Is there anyone experienced the same noise/sound? What should I expect?
Ps: when I sit inside I hear the sound from the centre console
Thanks 😉

Sound increases as you rev the car, or it disappears?

I have the same on mine, when rpm's get really low, like 600, then there is a bit of ticking, i suspect this is due to lack of lubrication on the top of the engine due to low rpm.

Personally i would prefer idle rpm to be around 800 (which is where the sound disappears), but car has a mind of it's own..

I never considered it an issue.

Thank you for the tip

Anyone else experienced such thing?

I'll make a video tomorrow 

Thanks

It's the vacuum pump ticking. Nothing wrong with the engine. All Valvematic engine have the vacuum pump for the brake servo, because there is not enough vacuum created because the throttle is almost fully open. This is similar to diesel engines, but where diesel engines are control by the amount of fuel inputted, Valvematic engines use the valves to control the amount of air coming in, instead of a throttle.
Now you have had the boring technical part out of the way, go and enjoy the engine like I am. As I said before, the ticking is normal.

• Like 1

Dear Konrad

I am so happy that I have joined this group. Thank you very much for your kind technical assistance! Highly appreciate it!

Regards

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...