Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Water dripping on inside of my windscreen!

SAM LOVERS HER TOYOTAS

Hi guys n girls,

We noticed big water drops running down the inside of our avensis windscreen this morning!

It's all the way across.

The screen was frozen prior which we defrosted via the heaters etc.

Could we have a leak around the top of the screen maybe?

Vehicles a 2010 with 72500 on the clock. Bit premature to have the screen seals go?

I noticed a lot of moisture on the inside of the windscreen, the first time I used the car, after not using it for nearly a couple of days. Once the car had warmed up, and the air-con had absorbed most of the moisture in the cabin, all was fine. In fact the air-con demist has been used a lot. There seems to be a lot of moisture in the air. Never noticed it much in previous years. Sometimes the car is not used for day or two, and this is the first cold snap I have experienced in recent years.
Once the car interior is very warm (heater set to 24°C) all is fine. 
I was thinking a getting something to absorb the damp air, but I need to investigate that.

41 minutes ago, Konrad C said:

I noticed a lot of moisture on the inside of the windscreen, the first time I used the car, after not using it for nearly a couple of days. Once the car had warmed up, and the air-con had absorbed most of the moisture in the cabin, all was fine. In fact the air-con demist has been used a lot. There seems to be a lot of moisture in the air. Never noticed it much in previous years. Sometimes the car is not used for day or two, and this is the first cold snap I have experienced in recent years.
Once the car interior is very warm (heater set to 24°C) all is fine. 
I was thinking a getting something to absorb the damp air, but I need to investigate that.

I agree with the excess moisture, cheers for the response, and it did clear up eventually with the heaters set to full, left the odd dry drip mark otherwise all good.

Interesting, I already have one of those moisture absorbing pillow looking thing on the dash, whereby the indicator turns pink and you put it in the microwave to dry out whereby the indicator turns blue again. Are they any good...hmmm...I leave it in there anyway!

• Like 1

The windscreen is bonded into the bodyshell with a sealant (rather than using a rubber seal). A leak all the way along the top of the screen is unlikely unless the car has been in an accident or the screen was fitted incorrectly.

More likely its just condensation inside the car.

One tip I learned living in a very cold climate is open the door for a while when you park the car after driving. This allows the warm moist air inside the car to escape and be replaced with cold dry air from outside. There is much less condensation next time you use the car.

1 hour ago, mrfixer said:

The windscreen is bonded into the bodyshell with a sealant (rather than using a rubber seal). A leak all the way along the top of the screen is unlikely unless the car has been in an accident or the screen was fitted incorrectly.

More likely its just condensation inside the car.

One tip I learned living in a very cold climate is open the door for a while when you park the car after driving. This allows the warm moist air inside the car to escape and be replaced with cold dry air from outside. There is much less condensation next time you use the car.

I'll try that on the next trip, cheers for the tip matey, or maybe...since we wind deflectors on each window...one cant really tell if we left a front or rear side window open say abt 10mm...do you think that may do the trick?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links