Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New User

Jiff

Hi Just purchased a 1.8 Corolla Touring Sports Excel ex demonstrator so not new. My first Hybrid & Toyota & automatic, loving it so far.

Its quiet and easy to drive & economical. The only issue really is the manual and complicated menu structure.

It'd be nice if the Manual didn't refer to the myriad of features which don't appear to be available in the UK, & hopefully I'll be able to change some settings (eventually).

Jiff

Welcome to Toyota Owners Club.

As regards the owners manuals, Japanese and Korean manufacturers tend to produce manuals covering a number of markets, rather than tailor a manual towards one specific market. They don't need to revise the manuals when spec changes are made, and it keeps costs down.

Welcome to the club. I too am new to Toyota and there is clearly a cultural difference compared to my previous Hondas. Whereas the Honda is 'sporty', Toyota appears to focus on a calm and gentle approach to driving. E.g the driving mode switch produces a considerable difference between eco, normal and sport, but its location in front of the shift lever implies that you have to make up your mind to be sporty or normal when you set off.  When joining a busy motorway, it would be dead handy if the switch were on the steering wheel.  I'm sure you will find out what I mean.  The manuals are frankly a bit of a pain and you will have to download the version for the infotainment system. I have put it on a tablet so that I can sit in the car and read it as I go through the various menus. Still, I'm loving the smooth driving experience and economy. I don't think I will go back to a manual gearbox again.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hi still loving the car (apart from infotainment). I've got paper manuals now including the infotainment, I just asked Toyota online and they sent me some 👍. I've just had the update done, I think, just trying to work out what the differences are 🤯. Apart from the locking having been set to drivers door only, all the old niggles still seem to be there 🤔