Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fuel Gauge appears stuck 57 reg?

MacsJeep

Hi guys, I picked my Toyota Avensis up last Friday from its service, mot and front airbag recall. All seemed well, and I took it and brimmed the tank as I was running low on fuel. The gauge flew up to full as it should, but I have been using the car all week and it hasn't moved even 1mm from slightly over full reading. I think I am in trouble! 

Anyone got any ideas? When I kill the ignition it drops, so its not stuck, and the range on the trip comp is dropping as it should, so there is a signal somewhere.

I have a horrid feeling it will mean a new pump module as everything always seems to be one piece these days, and that will be an large expense I can't sort due to being laid off from next Friday. 😞   Hoping there is something daft I have overlooked I can try....its 57 reg 2 litre petrol, but only got 43k on it, so not had a hard life.  Any help much appreciated. 

Thanks

Dawn

How many miles have you done since filling it? If I brim the tank on my Auris it will cover 130+ miles before the gauge drops below full. 

On the miles I've done it would normally be at about three quarters now.  

It may be that the float has stuck then. If so it's possible that when the fuel level drops further it may free itself off again.