Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2019 RAV4 screen flips back to home screen

Tomfromfife

The problem was that the screen would flip back to the home screen after 20 seconds when displaying the DAB radio screen. It did not do that on FM.

Turns out that there is a setting in Setup...General...Auto Change to Screen. From the manual...

Auto change to screen
Select to set automatic screen changes from the audio control screen to the home screen to on/off. When set to on, the screen will automatically return to the home screen from the audio control screen after 20 seconds.

I set it to off because the home screen sat nav section is irritating. But why does it affect the DAB radio screen and not the FM radio screen? Another bug maybe.

flips back from USB and bluetooth playing as well. you can aslo remove Sat Nav from home screen I think (however I not tried it yet).

You can’t remove Sat Nav from the home screen although the 2 boxes on the left can be changed. Unless there is a hidden setting. This seems to be another oversight with this head unit as other Toyota head units can be changed. Maybe the upcoming firmware bug fixes will change it.

• 2 years later...
On 12/7/2019 at 12:58 PM, Tomfromfife said:

You can’t remove Sat Nav from the home screen although the 2 boxes on the left can be changed. Unless there is a hidden setting. This seems to be another oversight with this head unit as other Toyota head units can be changed. Maybe the upcoming firmware bug fixes will change it.

Hi. Did you ever fix this? Having same issue. Don’t want navi on Home Screen. 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links