Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Spare wheel space - Yaris 2015

severnsider

Good afternoon - apologies if this matter has been raised before, but I would like to know whether the 16" alloy (with tyre 195/50R16) will fit in the space in the boot, or is the space suitable only for the spacesaver wheel please? Yes, I could remove a wheel and see if will fit, but I don't have the car handy at present and was hoping that someone may have tried this before!

Hope you can advise, thanks!

If it’s anything like my C-HR, then only a ‘space saver’ will fit.

The well in the boot isn't deep enough to take a full sized spare without putting a big bulge it the boot carpet, nothing wrong with the space saver, its a lot better than a can of gunk, that can cost you a lot more than just a tyre

Jon, flash22 - OK, thanks very much. I had a feeling that this would be the case! Will get a spacesaver from Toyota.

As mentioned above,the diameter should be o.k. but the tyre width prevents the boot floor sitting correctly. Even my 175 tyres are too wide, the floor rests on the tyre.

That's why I made a raised deck to enable carrying a "proper" spare wheel/tyre.

Decks may be purchased from Toyota but cost the same as a spacesaver!

I have seemed to have posted to the wrong thread 😐 so i have reposted it here 🙄

I didn't know that the deck boards existed £115 plus the box underneath at another £40-50 (replaces spare)

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-Toyota-Board-Assy-Deck-Yaris-Hybrid-FRP-584100D050B2-/221837768166

The board is something that would work for me as A. It's a more level load area and B. somewhere to hide my rubbish

edit. lol never even thought to look