Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Firmware Update - anybody else had confirmation?

Clint Sykes

I have paid a deposit with my dealer for a 2020 Rav 4 and have been informed that its going to be April before I can take delivery which I am OK with.

Since then they have informed me that I could take delivery of a 2019 Rav 4 in January 2020 and that a firmware update will be available about April 2020 which would give me Apple Carplay & Android Auto. I would rather do this as I would like the car earlier.

Has anybody else had information regarding the firmware update?

Moved to the Rav4 club.

See 

8 hours ago, chris ha said:

But if you wait 6 weeks you will get a 70 plate

Probably be longer than six weeks ....

I had confirmation from my dealer that the upgrade will be available in May 2020.

£150 for a firmware upgrade is a bit steep really, if you are having a service at the same time can't see why they dont just do it. No hardware it is no harder than updating your maps, android\linux is very quick and easy

The original topic that Devon Aygo posted stated the 'upgrade kit' (possibly not just firmware) for the Rav4, excluding the Icon, will be £150 for a standalone upgrade and there will be a reduced cost (TBC) if done with a service.

When we get answers, it so often leads to more questions! 

The fact that the cost is cheaper when combined with a service (was £50 mentioned in the corolla fouum?) suggests it is a software upgrade. 

Surely there is more of a difference between mm17 and mm19 than just Apple and android stuff? Like better screen resolution? 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links