Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Trivial Dash Rattle

bobabobajob

I wondered if anyone else as fussy as me had noticed a creaking coming from the curved part of the dashboard, the bit above the binacles. If i press down on the front it stops. Also  stops when car warmed up inside. 

Just a minor irritation

1 hour ago, bobabobajob said:

I wondered if anyone else as fussy as me had noticed a creaking coming from the curved part of the dashboard, the bit above the binacles. If i press down on the front it stops. Also  stops when car warmed up inside. 

Just a minor irritation

Morning

You didnt specify what model you have?

We have a t27 2.0 diesel...and yes...I agree...its very annoying...and like you never could get to the bottom of it.

It sounds like a buzzing sound...as if you left something it the cubby holder and its vibrating around!

Thing is, it would be crazy to take apart the dash to find nothing!

T27 2011 Avensis Sam.

I had two noises one of which i fixed which sounds more like yours. The buzzing sound came from the front right quarter light air vent and i fixed this by removing it and siliconing it back in place. Crude but effective.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, bobabobajob said:

T27 2011 Avensis Sam.

I had two noises one of which i fixed which sounds more like yours. The buzzing sound came from the front right quarter light air vent and i fixed this by removing it and siliconing it back in place. Crude but effective.

Ahh cheers mate, sounds like an interesting fix! so have I got this right....so front right quarter light air vent?

So is that drivers side...

Air vent infront of you next to the drivers window where you can open and close those shutter things

Or

Is it a vent right infront of the windscreen on the right side...dont know if there is like a vent panel in that corner actually!

Apologies if I have misunderstood you.

Rifht in front of the corner. Pressing it stopped the buzzing .

Sorry i meant right in front of the qindscreen in the corner blowing onto the small triangular side window.

56 minutes ago, bobabobajob said:

Sorry i meant right in front of the qindscreen in the corner blowing onto the small triangular side window.

I see now...interesting...thank you...I'll try that fix and report back soon...cheers for that

• 2 years later...

2015 T27 facelift tourer diesel:  Found the dash rattle/buzz was coming from the side panel of the dash trim, where it returns down flush with driver's door, vibrating like a snare drum -  try tapping the side of the dash trim with the door open to reproduce the sound.  Eventually fixed buzz by stuffing anti-squeak tape down into where that tim trim meets mounting, accessed via removing driver's side air vent.  (May also be able to get to where needed simply by removing coin box.  Had previously removed air vent a few times and applied anti-squeak tape in various places around mounting all to no avail!)  Also added some padding to same dash trim mounting on passenger side via removing glove box to prevent slight buzz possibly coming from that side also.  Hope that helps.  

2 hours ago, Timothy H said:

2015 T27 facelift tourer diesel:  Found the dash rattle/buzz was coming from the side panel of the dash trim, where it returns down flush with driver's door, vibrating like a snare drum -  try tapping the side of the dash trim with the door open to reproduce the sound.  Eventually fixed buzz by stuffing anti-squeak tape down into where that tim trim meets mounting, accessed via removing driver's side air vent.  (May also be able to get to where needed simply by removing coin box.  Had previously removed air vent a few times and applied anti-squeak tape in various places around mounting all to no avail!)  Also added some padding to same dash trim mounting on passenger side via removing glove box to prevent slight buzz possibly coming from that side also.  Hope that helps.  

I have a 2014 t27 businesa EDT and it's the same with anoying rattles .tbh my older VW group car never had these stupid faults .I expected more from Toyota my rattle is coming from that housing part of the cig lighter outer part of the dash I have take. Off the side pannles and jammed in roaled up  kitchen towels in to spaces to jam it tight but half thinking of making my own screw holes and !Removed! the anoying thing down for good .

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links