Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Celica vvti 04 140

Marra211

Hey! 

So wondering if you guys coukd give me an idea on giving this beast a boost in power. Its currency sitting at 140bhp.but the problem I'm finding it lags with acceleration until the revs pick up. Live the car but it seems its mouth and no trousers so to speak. 

I think what a shame a v6 wasn't inside IMHO.

What you guys think, I'm hoping to find some advice to boost bhp a good bit. It's had upgraded exhaust, brakes and beast induction. And I'm still not happy as I should be. These were ready done before purchase. 

I've no experience with modding, but I've fell for her and would take the time and £ to hopefully buy her a few gifts so she performs accordingly 😉

Any help would make this guy real happy. 

Cheers 

Screenshot_2019-12-07-09-21-08~2.png

I mite be wrong here cos im not an expert at all and I hope I stand to be corrected myself personally cos I've got one and stand in the same boat but I don't think there's much more you can do to improve performance or mpg of the 140hp 1zzfe you ccertainly haven't done already without going down the expensive route of forced induction or upgrading to the 190model!!

I don't think it can be remapped and in fact some induction kits can actually take away performance or bog the low down torque, although you've got a more freer flowing exhaust that may well help with it.

Things you defo can do that'll help and they def o suffer from with induction kits is clean the maf and throttle body/iacv periodically  which can also result in them bogging down at low revs too.also

And perhaps maybe general services checking the coi l packs are ok and tight.

You could perhaps try and improve the handling and brakes and lighten it poss the wheels which may have a similar effect tho perhaps.

hope someone else comes up with some more better suggestions myself, it is a pretty efficient engine as is

HTH

16" light-weight alloys, such as Team Dynamics Pro Race 1.2 with 205/50/16 rubber.

Not cheap, but reducing the unsprung weight makes a big difference on a 140 with its lack of torque.

I'd also refit the OE air filter assembly.

You could fit the VVTi-L engine coupled to your existing gearbox, but check insurance implications first.

When all said and done, 0-60 in 8.7, and 40MPG is not shabby.

• Like 1

Hi.

If you have any issues with insurance for modifications then please feel free to drop me a line.

Regards,

Dan.

• 1 month later...

hi, i have an 03 140 myself, it has no mods and is completely original, its quick enough for me, the only advice i can give is to get rid of the induction kit and fit a factory original system, toyota spent millions getting the car right and i reckon they know more about it induction needs than i do, the original set up already feeds cold air so should be pretty good. apart from that just keep it serviced to toyota specs and make the most of what the factory gave you,it has a 6 speed box for a reason,so you can make the most of the power band at high revs, change up when it hits 7000 the limiter will stop you over cooking it, there may be some sensible mods out there that wont break the bank or your engine, but i dont know of any, the vvtl engine will not in my opinion give you much more poke for the work and expense involved, plus the vvti is pretty bullet proof,shedding weight from the car will help but you need to loose a lot to notice the difference. hope this helps.