Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Make of tyre on the new Corolla

bruce e

Interested to hear what make is tyre is fitted as standard and the recommended pressures. there seems to be a quite a variation of pressures mentioned, maybe it’s because of different tyre loading?

As far as I know they all come with Falken tyres, the Ziex 914B Ecorun. Different pressures are for different models of Corolla (HB and touring) and for 16, 17, and 18 inch rims. 

ETA: My pressures were not set by the dealer. When checked all were in excess of 50psi, the max my gauge goes to 🙄.  No response ever received from them about it - Steven Eagell in Aylesbury. 

Recommended pressures here....

https://blog.toyota.co.uk/toyota-tyre-pressure-and-size-guide

• Like 1

Mine came with Continentals on 16” rims with pressure  36front 35rear (although during PDI they set to 32 all round)

On 12/7/2019 at 1:21 PM, bruce e said:

Mine came with Continentals on 16” rims with pressure  36front 35rear (although during PDI they set to 32 all round)

Gordon Bennet, 30 years ago Continentals were crap, and I don't think that they were usually original equipment, but I don't know how good they are now,

11 minutes ago, olddriver said:

30 years ago Continentals were crap, and I don't think that they were usually original equipment

My 2006 Corolla, 2009 & 2012 Auris and my 2016 Aygo all had Continentals as OE. 

Seem to have a good reputation thanks to the “green chilli ".........

Product description & features

Continental Eco Contact 6

With enhanced grip and handling, the Continental Eco Contact 6 increases safety thanks to the uniquely designed tread pattern. Its innovative asymmetric pattern combined with the precise position of the sipes, deliver outstanding grip with the tyre never losing contact with the ground. 

Continental have designed the Eco Contact 6 with the advanced ‘Green Chili™ 2.0 compound’ to increase mileage potential. This technology allows the tyre to adapt to the road surface leading to less wear throughout its lifetime – leading to an increase in mileage. This also helps to optimise fuel efficiency, one of the most appealing factors to the Eco Contact 6. 

Maximum fuel efficiency 

Increased mileage due to new Green Chili™ 2.0 compound

Improved grip and handling experience

In general the tyres that wear faster provides better grip, Continental’s are premium brand and I believe that thy do perform quite well especially in bigger sizes charts. I personally think that the best tyres for Toyota hybrids are the Cross climate by Michelin and if the price isn’t an issue they are best choice for all season driving, they seems quieter than most other brands too. 

The "wear rate" might well relate to the amount of tread on a new tyre - some have as little as 6mm now, so time to replacement is considerably less than for others with more initial tread depth.  Cross-climates are neither fish nor fowl, not a true summer tyre, nor a true winter tyre, they are a compromise.  IMO of course :-).