Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Toyota Corolla Service Record book

olddriver

I've mislaid my Service Record book, haven't seen it for about 2 years, and saw this on eBay and wondered if anyone has bought one:-

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TOYOTA-SERVICE-BOOK-D4D-PETROL-AND-DIESEL-ALL-MODELS-AURIS-AVENSIS-COROLLA-IQ/162673636976?

I wondered if the service intervals for plugs, air filter, cam belt will be the same for all vehicles?

Hi,

Those service books contain little detail , more like a notepad for the dealers stamps and what info there is can be confusing because it covers several models.

Rather than pay £8 for that one you show why not buy the Haynes manual with covers all you need for routine servicing, plus loads more.

https://haynes.com/en-gb/toyota/corolla/1997-2002

Yeah, I've got a Haynes manual, but I wanted to create a record of when I service the car, and from the pics in the advert, that book looks exactly like the Service Record book supplied with the car when new.  

Once when I had an accident, my insurance company asked to see copies of the Service Record book.  Apart from the first 3 yesrs, I carriied out most of the services myself, writing things like brake pad thickness and when plugs ect were changed in the margin of the book.  That was for my benifit, but as it turned out it probably showed the insurance company that I had actually done the work.

Hi,

Take your point, but how would you now prove it was serviced over the last 20 years ?

While my service book is like yours, dealer stamped for the first 3 years and filled in by me the rest of the time, I have kept all the receipts, mots  and a written service schedule of all work undertaken, mainly so I can just look back and see what part codes etc  I ordered last time, memory not that good ! :laugh:

Think such receipts for oil, pads, plugs etc should be all you need, anyone can just write up a  blank service book ...

Well I've still got the same copies that I sent before, so there will be a gap of a few years but I will have to suffer that.  Also, I keep all my receipts as I am a terrible horder, but they are not organised, so I need to put them in a folder.