Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Home Servicing?

UnderAnOpenSky

Hi all. New to this forum and new Toyotas. I've just had to get a new car at short notice after my Mondeo failed in a very expensive way and I've been lucky enough to get an Avensis D4D T180 Estate. It's a 56 plate of 121,000. It's had dealer servicing up to a 101k and then nothing, so I figure I need to give it some TLC if I'm to keep it going. 

Thing is my finances are stretched to the max, this was a rather unplanned purchase and I'm hoping to start doing the basics myself, even if I have to use the garage for other stuff. Did an oil and filter change on my Mondeo, but that's as much as I've done. 

What tools would you say you need to do Oil, Oil Filter, Air Filter and Fuel Filter change. What else should I be looking to do or have done for me? 

It got a 12 MOT by the garage that sold it to me and they put on two new pads, but looking at the discs they will need doing before the next one. What extra tools would I need for them? 

I know there are loads of YouTube videos showing how to it, but sometimes it's good to have a list to at least start with.. 

Not really answering your question, but, this thread from yesterday, lists the Toyota service kit price for the diesel Avensis.  If you were to do-it-yourself service but with factory Toyota genuine parts, then this might give an idea to some costs.

[EDIT: My dinner has just turned up.  So there is a good chance that I wilI have forgotten to insert a link to the post I was referring to, in which case please see any posts that follow, where someone may have kindly posted it.] 

Link to above-mentioned topic - 

See Frugality's post from Saturday 7/12/19 @10.18

Toyota service kits are good value for older cars. Got one for my son's  Yaris and it was only about £36 for Oil+filter, air filter and cabin filter. I appreciate the fact that they at least try to help with service items. Can't say the same about parts though.

For the brake discs you will need a tool to measure the thickness of the discs, a vernier caliper should do as along as you can get the measuring point to get over the wear lip. I use a micrometer. Needs to measure 24 - 26mm for the front and 9 - 10mm for the rear

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links