Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Slider pins maintenance?

gezhenry

Anybody got any maintenance like tips you can do to prevent brake slider pins from seizing once they've been fitted to the car?

Thanks

Hi, yes the tip is to clean and lubricate them with silicone grease every year , or two, or if you are a high miles driver more often. 

Regards 

Top advice from Tony. I checked mine a few weeks ago, first time in 5 years, to my shame.

They were all completely devoid of any lubrication and rusty. A quick clean up and application of silicone grease has eased my mind somewhat. Still on original pads but I gave them a small application to the sliders in the caliper body and the ends.

What`s the opinion of using copper grease on brake components......or am I getting old.

I had sticking Rear callipers on our auris hybrid. Very easy to strip down and lubricate, with copper grease. Is silicone grease kinder on the rubber parts.?

Cooper grease may cause more trouble than help. I personally don’t use it on brake components, I use silicone paste on slider pins, and specific grease ( Textar Cera tec) for brake pads beds or backs but Toyota has fitted a shims so no need there. Cooper grease only as anti-seize on O2 sensors. Silicone grease is far better option, and no harm to rubber boots, seals. 
Regards 

Copaslip isn’t grease, it’s an anti-seize compound.  I’ve not put it on any brake parts for over 40 years, not since my foreman kicked my arrsse for it.  

If you do the job properly, you won’t have any problems.  

Only recommended lubricants should be used on brake parts and Copaslip isn’t one of them.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links