Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Wider brake pedal for Aygo MMT

spospe

I have a 2015 Toyota Aygo MMT and would like to have a wider brake pedal (as in every other auto I have driven). Does anyone know if such a thing exists and where I could obtain one?

Brakes that local shops sell are usually just bolt on, you put them over the original, and there is a plate from the back, few screws and that's it.

Maybe try to find some kind of adapter like that.

only things off the top of my head is after market pedals (aluminium plate) or may be a pedal from a cvt aygo (if its different)

Pedal spacing may be an issue tho

Someone may have done this mod over on the C1oc forum (dedicated forum for the 107/108, C1 and Aygo)

Edit. the mmt is an automated manual by changing the pedal the braking force may change making the brakes very sharp

The second generation Aygo has the X-shift transmission, which is a developed form of MMT - both are manual gearboxes with an automated clutch. The Aygo is not available with a CVT.

There was an earlier topic dating back to 2012 on the same subject which was inconclusive. Think the only solution would be a DIY mod or replacement of the complete pedal or pedal box with something suitable - though may be worth checking with your insurer as regards the mod.

I have had an on-line search, but cannot see anything advertised at the moment. Can anyone point the way?

You will have to go the "universal" fit route

if you want something flash try

https://www.demon-tweeks.com/uk/sparco-reflex-pedal-set-515568/

select wide and 2-automatic

even then you're going to have to fabricate something to get the clearance and/or bend the arm

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links