Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Apple Carplay and Android Auto

Cbatoday

See 

Goes on sale 1st November, with deliveries commencing from 16th December. So as it isn't on sale yet, not sure whether yours will have Apple Carplay

The info in the linked topic was supplied by a moderator that works for a Toyota dealer. Think it is too early for Toyota to publish the update info.

Been to local toyota garage and believes the new update will be available to early Corolla in due course and a letter will be sent out

Said their dealership would do the update foc if no hardware upgrade was required 

I should be picking up some parts tomorrow afternoon, I'll try and remember to ask the after-sale manager what, if anything, they've heard.

Any concrete news from other European markets? Slovakia and Czech Republic extremely confusing, seems like nobody knows what is the plan. If it will or won't be possible to retrofit and when.

Sent from my motorola one vision using Tapatalk

34 minutes ago, Fake_Empire said:

Any concrete news from other European markets? Slovakia and Czech Republic extremely confusing, seems like nobody knows what is the plan. If it will or won't be possible to retrofit and when.

Sent from my motorola one vision using Tapatalk

From what I’ve heard, an update for existing Corollas (MY19) will be available Q1-2 2020. I was at Toyota today, Toyota Touch 2 MM16 won’t get CarPlay/AA as retrofit (Which is in the CH-R MY16-19). MY19 Corolla has MM17. 

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

Dealer got back to me with this from toyota technical

"There will hopefully be a software update for older vehicles, however the release date has still not been officially confirmed yet.

I would therefore advise the customer that sometime next year, an update will hopefully be available."
  • Like 1

I rang them myself this afternoon, as I’m wavering over the purchase, and got exactly that reply. But,an earlier email said,”we cannot confirm when this will be available, or if retrofit options will be possible with our existing range of vehicles”.

So I guess I’ll just have to risk it - or wait.

If you order now you'll get the MY20 version, and that will have this as standard, provided you get a car built to order as opposed to existing stock.

• 2 weeks later...

When it does arrive do you think toyota will pass on the annual fees of around £80 that Apple charges the car manufactures or do you think it will be absorbed into the cost of the car ( not sure of auto android costs)

a subscription service beginning with its 2019-model-year vehicles.

The German automaker currently charges a one-time $300 to add Apple CarPlay capability to navigation-equipped BMW models. Going forward, though, navigation-equipped BMWs will come with CarPlay at no charge for one year. Following that first year, customers will need to pay an annual fee of $80 to maintain the relationship between their Apple device and their BMW's infotainment system

Not sure for UK, but few days ago I spoke with a Toyota technician in my dealership.

He said that this will come somewhere in Q2 and it will be as an official service. Dealers will start calling the customers to book a service and receive it free of charge.

Who knows what will happen!!
We may know more when the MY20 Corolla's start being delivered that have it built-in.

That is right, I hear 2020 Corolla Hybrid will have Appleplay and Android Auto. But you know, I am so hurry, instead of waiting, I got the 2019 model immediately without such features. Now I am thinking about DIY retrofitting the car radio. Xtrons, Kenwood aftermarket radio seem are the best options with carplay and Android auto.
I am not so worried now. At least I got the remedy solution.

2 hours ago, Mercadies said:

That is right, I hear 2020 Corolla Hybrid will have Appleplay and Android Auto. But you know, I am so hurry, instead of waiting, I got the 2019 model immediately without such features. Now I am thinking about DIY retrofitting the car radio. Xtrons, Kenwood aftermarket radio seem are the best options with carplay and Android auto.
I am not so worried now. At least I got the remedy solution.

Would the new kenwood unit have the existing energy monitor on display

While I'm waiting for a update in Q1 or Q2, I've been struggeling to get Mirrorlink to work.

It seems impossible, or I'm missing something in the process. My phone is Samsung S8. I try using a USB cable, and the phones screen goes black, like it's about to connect, but nothing happens. When the car searches for mirrorlink devices, nothing is found.

Can I do anything to fix this?

Don't you have to enable Mirrorlink in the phone's settings.

I had problems connecting with MirrorLink in my new Corolla and finally found this on Androidaddicts.

”Heres how to fix MirrorLink on Galaxy phones:

1) Go to Settings – Apps
2) Now click the 3-dot menu in the top left and select Show System Apps
3) Find Samsung Mirror Link 1.1 and go in and clear the storage data (this will also clear cache).
4) Restart the phone and connect it to the car
5) MirrorLink should pop up and say it needs to download a certificate – download it.
6) Once done, select MirrorLink in your car and it should say you need to set up Car Mode.
7) Disconnect the phone and load Car Mode from your Apps screen. Go through the setup and then reconnect to your car – you should now be up and running 😊👍” It worked for me. God luck!

Taking delivery of 2019 2 litre Excel next week and was told yesterday officially that Toyota will definitely offer CarPlay update in a month or two, although depending on the service schedule it may need to be paid for (along the lines of what was offered in Australia). Anyway, it’s happening so we can all relax because we will get it early in 2020.

Great. Even if it costs a couple of hundred quid it will be worth it for the phone integration 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Android Auto running on my new Corolla Design 1.8 I collected this morning 😎

IMG_20191210_132322.jpg

• Like 6

Also with how hot a topic AA/AC is for the MY19 Corolla's i expected more excited/jealous responses! 😄

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links