Do Not Sell My Personal Information

disable auris 2008 Voice recognition system

Bereket

Toyota Auris 2008, The voice recognition system keeps asking me to set it up. Can anyone help me to shut it down, like remove power to the system without disabling the whole audio system? 

thanks Furtula for your prompt response! 

Its the old bluetooth system where only phone calls are possible, i can not play music. This is one of the reasons i do not want to use it.

thanks again!

Yes, i have the same one where you can call, but can't play music.

I never disconnected mine, but i did see where it's stored, and if the person who installed it followed the official instructions, then it should be the same place.

First you need to remove the radio. You need to pop off the silver trim around the radio, there should be few screws and the radio pulls out.

After that you should see a small box, zip tied to the car, and connected to the radio. That is your bluetooth adapter, simply unplug it and that's it.

Could be that you have different model, i think there were 2-3 different ones available, so it's better to first take out the glovebox, take a look inside, and see if there is anything stuck there or not.

• Like 1

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Furtula you are the savior. I found the module just like you said and unplugged it and now its awesome! i can enjoy my stereo without any disturbance now.

Thank you again!