Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Front Sensor On/Off ?

JAlley

Hey all I bought a used 2011 RAV4 V6 Limited. On my dash, driver's side, between the Panel Dim Roller and DAC button, I have a push button switch that is labeled "Front Sensor On/Off" & (((P.  I have scoured the owners manual and online and can absolutely No Mention or even a picture of this switch. It would seem that it is a front parking sensor switch, but I can find no actual sensor anywhere on the front, and I cannot seem to activate it by getting near obstacles in the front. Can anyone enlighten me?

IMG_4026.JPG

I have that switch, it came with my Toyota front and rear sensor package that was an option. I never use it! But I do have obvious sensors front and rear. 

Edit - the Toyota option kit was TPA800, front and rear sensors. 

or the switch may have been installed for something else - when my dealer fitted a Dashcam in one of my cars they used that switch as a master power switch for the live feed so I could turn it off when necessary (e.g. when removing the SD card).

So if there are sensors on the front, do they look just like the sensors on the rear bumper? Anyone have a pic of what a front bumper with sensors looks like.  I saw a carfax and did not see mention of any accidents that might explain a new bumper, but who knows.

My car has very obvious sensors in the front bumper. 

Could be as PeteB says and the switch is for something else. 

I don’t even know if the TPA800 has one control module, which would be different from the TPA400 (rear only) or two. In the latter case, even locating it would tell you nothing. 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links