Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Toyota Auris 2014 front window condensation

Waqs

Hi All,

My Toyota Auris Hybrid is constant condensing at the front Windscreen. 

Therefore, I have made sure everywhere is bone dry. Including the footwell. I have also checked around the dash, which also seems dry! The Pollen Filter has also been changed.

However, the Windscreen blower does not seem to work fully (I think), compared to when I set the distributor on other functions.

Would anyone know what to check or where to look at, may be clear a blocked pipe or some kind?

All detailed help including pics will be much appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Does your profile need updating to include the Auris.

• Haha 1

I always leave mine in auto with AC on and blower set to fast.

It makes loads of noise (much more than in summer) but keeps the windows clear.

Sent from my HD1913 using Tapatalk

I have tried all that.

It seems the blower is not working on the Windscreen function. Is there any pipe that could be blocked?

When you use the defrost function, does the display still show the fan at full speed, it just does not blow as hard like it's blocked?

I think you need to check the blower housing and the flap motor (the tiny flap that moves around the housing directing air to dash,footwell,etc).

Take the glovebox out, that should give you some access to HVAC, try enabling/disabling defrost, see if anything works.

If you remove the radio, you should get much better access (pop the silver trim, few screws and pull it out).

• Like 1

do you have the ventiallation set to fresh air or recirc..???

if its set on recirc try using fresh air setting.

• Like 1

If it doesn’t blow toward the windscreen you may have some problems with the servo motor that open and close the flaps inside tubings to divert air flow. To check if it works set blower fan to min speed and try to change air flow from middle dash to lower and windscreen while doing so listen for servo motor sound and flaps moving noise, if there is non you have that issue, also check I’d it blows according to the settings change. 

• 2 weeks later...