Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Aygo wiper arm question

discv

Hi, new to this area of the forum- the first Aygo in the family fleet! A '57 1.0 5 door Blac.

The front wiper arm will only lift a little to get the blade to just clear the screen. Should the arm rotate to a position where it locks angled 90% from the screen as per every other car I have come across?

Thanks.

Every time I've replaced a wiper blade, it lifts only a little way, as you say. I don't think it's been designed to angle 90 degrees, so I never risk forcing it. Makes it slightly tricky to replace the blade, but not impossible.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks fordulike. I've got this idea that wear takes place on the pivot pin at the base of the arm- and that this prevents full movement.

I wonder if any other member has input.

Hi Tony,

David is spot on with his reply, the wiper arm only lifts by a couple of inches which makes changing the blade a bit of a challenge.  I changed to a Bosch Aero Twin a couple of months ago and I was gobsmacked, it's almost silent in operation and cleans the screen with a single sweep....Well worth the money and the time spent to change it.

You also have to be careful of the wiper arm when you are cleaning your car, as it only lifts by a short amount, you have to hold it and so it's a two handed operation to clean and chamois the screen.

As David (Fordulike) says, don't force it and don't worry, it's meant to be like that as mine has been the same since it was new.

All the best! 😊

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links