Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris Mk2 Key Programming

mecheng46

I am looking for directions on how to program a new key for my 2008 Yaris. There are few threads and information on how to do Mk1 Yaris but there is nothing in terms of the Mk2 Yaris and I don't want to lose the only working key i have for the car by following the wrong procedure.

Locking or immobilizer ? The immobilizer programming is a main dealer, somewhere that has a high end scan tool or Techstream

If its just the locking it should be the same as the mk1

I am looking to do both the locking and the immobiliser, people seem to be able to do it without going to the main dealer

The Immobilizer can only be done with Techstream on the mk2, All the info that is about is for the mk 1

Just now, flash22 said:

The Immobilizer can only be done with Techstream on the mk2, All the info that is about is for the mk 1

What are my options then apart from the main dealer?

As flash22 already said, Techstream.

You go to eBay or some site like that, buy an adapter cable, 10-15 GBP, after that you need a laptop where you will install the program that comes with it.

Techstream is Toyota's own diagnostic tool.

The software they provide is pirated. 

You can always download it for free from Toyota, and then pay the license per hour/day/week/year etc.

Up to you.

Here's a workshop manual that should also apply to your car, might come in handy sometimes...

http://manualespurdy.cisdigital.com/Toyota/YarisNov2010/rm12x3e/MANUAL.HTM/rm12x3e/index2.html

• Thanks 1

so my options are either buy an eBay cable with the pirated software and use it or the clone cable from eBay, download the free software from toyota and pay the license?

Your options are:

- Pay Toyota to do it for you

- Pay someone else to do it

- Buy the cable (which is a clone of the real thing) from eBay, the pirated software comes with it (lot of people use it like this)

- Buy the cloned cable, but pay Toyota for the limited time use of the SW

I guess you can also buy the cable from Toyota, but for a nice price..

All in all it's a powerful diagnostic tool however you use it.

Thanks 🙂 

I bought my cable from eBay, couple of weeks and i will be able to try it

do you have a link for a cable and the software from a UK seller? I only managed to find the cable to be honest.

16 hours ago, mecheng46 said:

do you have a link for a cable and the software from a UK seller? I only managed to find the cable to be honest.

They all usually advertise only the cable, but they ship it with a small cd that has the software.

Even if you dont get it, someone from here can give you a copy, only need to ask..

Thanks again, does it matter if i get an older version of the software? v12 or v13? 

As the car is concerned, the version in your case does not matter much.

Older versions work best on windows xp laptops, on win 7 and you could make it work, but there's plenty of tweaks required.

But i saw people saying that  in newer version it's fixed and they work out of the box with the cable.

In any case the cd comes with instructions how to set it up, it's not hard, and you can ask here.

• Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links