Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Flat tyre !

saab9002

Came out of work yesterday and found a rear tyre completely flat, took the wheel off to get an air line on it,

wouldn't inflate, so in desperation I tried the mini compressor and bottle of "gunge", bearing in mind that the kit and the jack etc.

hadn't been touched since new,2011, I didn't give it much hope. How wrong I was, it inflated the tyre within a couple of mins and i

was back on the road in ten mins, what a result, until I found out how much a replacement bottle of "gunge" was from Toyota,

£70. but found someone on eBay selling a new compressor and gunge for £34.

Today I replaced both rear tyres with the "German" Bridgestones  I had bought when on offer at £27 each, so I thought I better

look for another pair, same supplier and guess what they're down to below £25 each including delivery. So if anyone wants a bargain

for their IQ3 better get on eBay and grab some.

regards Chris

• Like 2

The sealant cans in the tyre repair kits have a use by date of around three years.

Several club members in the past have replaced theirs with - https://www.amazon.co.uk/Slime-CRK0305-Smart-Tyre-Repair/dp/B003QHY000/ref=sr_1_2?keywords=Slime+tyre+repair+kits&qid=1576366548&smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&sr=8-2

• Like 2

We got a quote from Toyota for the replacement sealant for the IQ - $361.43 NZD (around 179 pounds!!!!!!)  We were speechless.

Bought a can of the same thing in NZ for $15, and have a small air compressor as well.  

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I went out and bought a space saver wheel from a breakers yard. Toyota don't recommend you fit one but then they would say that. I think the rim is from an early Yaris or like and had got my Mum out the mire when she needed it. Fortunately she only does short journeys so never far from home so doesn't need to carry it all the time.