Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Central Locking Issue?

Lokitheforestcat

Evening All!

Been out and about today in the new car, loving every minute of driving this little dream. However tonight when we were shopping I parked up and hit the lock on the remote and.....nothing! I tried the unlock and neither button would work.  Got back in and started the car ok so the immobiliser worked but on getting out and trying the fob again still nothing. Car had been fine all day.

Drove home and pulled onto the drive and clicked the fob - locked not a problem! 

Any ideas on what could be this issue? Like an idiot I didn't think to try the key in the lock when the fob didn't work to see if it might be a fob or central lock issue.

Would that affect the central locking, are there certain places that would interfere? Conscious that I'll end up stuck somewhere!

It's just usually localized electrical interference, this time of year its xmas decorations and central heating pumps that do it, it just effects the fob locking, as you say above you can use the key if needs be, If standing right by the car doesn't work

Yeah we were literally right by it, even tried inside when I got in to try the key. Thanks, will give it a go tomorrow in the same spot and see - just to satisfy my own mind!!

Various things which work on a similar frequency can affect central locking. Examples include, but are not limited to: emergency services transmissions/masts, National Grid transmissions, wireless doorbells, wireless routers, tv/video sender,  etc.

A while ago my one neighbour parked his Lexus at work, and when he needed to go home, it wouldn't unlock. Lexus Roadside Assistance said it was a nearby police radio mast interfering with the signal.

There was a member few months ago thinking someone was spying on him or something like that, and blocking his car unlock signal, would not work at his home, but worked just fine  everywhere else.

Worst case scenario, physical key should work just fine.

Also, if your key fob Battery dies, you can just put the Toyota emblem next to the stop/start button, and the car will allow you to start it.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links